Thread poster: Tae Kim

Tae Kim  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:23
Member (2007)
English to Korean
+ ...
Aug 14, 2010

I've only begun using Wordfast recently, and my agency clients are sending me Wordfast txml files with txt file for TMs. I'm somewhat embarassed but can anyone tell me how to use these txt TM files for use in Wordfast? I know I'm supposed to use the txt file TMs in Wordfast for consistency and faster work. But I just don't know how because I'm not too sufficient in using Wordfast. I'd really appreciate if anyone can tell me how to use txt TM files for Wordfast, and also some general tips on using Wordfast would be much appreciated too. I'm just a novice in using Wordfast. Thanks a million!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:23
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
TM import or New Aug 14, 2010

Tae Kim wrote:
I've only begun using Wordfast recently, and my agency clients are sending me Wordfast txml files with txt file for TMs. I'm somewhat embarassed but can anyone tell me how to use these txt TM files for use in Wordfast? I know I'm supposed to use the txt file TMs in Wordfast for consistency and faster work. But I just don't know how because I'm not too sufficient in using Wordfast. I'd really appreciate if anyone can tell me how to use txt TM files for Wordfast, and also some general tips on using Wordfast would be much appreciated too. I'm just a novice in using Wordfast. Thanks a million!

On WordFast Pro Help file, TM handling is explained clearly. See also http://tam.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/145454-problems_importing_wordfast_classic_tm_and_glossary_into_wordfast_pro.html
for import of WordFast Classic or *.tmx format TM.

Best regards,
Soonthon Lupkitaro

Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:23
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Which Wordfast? Aug 14, 2010

Tae Kim wrote:

I've only begun using Wordfast recently, and my agency clients are sending me Wordfast txml files with txt file for TMs. I'm somewhat embarassed but can anyone tell me how to use these txt TM files for use in Wordfast?

Are you working with Wordfast Classic or Wordfast Pro? Which version?

Meanwhile, you can read the topic http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/127511-wordfast_60:_txml_file_conversions_and_other_formating_issues.html - hth.

[Edited at 2010-08-14 15:20 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use txt file for Wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search