WF Pro: two (or more) source languages
Thread poster: xxxNMR

xxxNMR
France
Local time: 04:35
French to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 20, 2010

My problem: I do marketing, often small texts, sometimes up to twenty per day, which are coming in different source languages (French, English and Flemish), sometimes even mixed up in the same file. Output should be one target language, standard Dutch. Until now I used WF Classic, which doesn't mind, and my TMs have been combined and are mixed up too (FR-FR and EN-US as source segments in most cases, but in other cases FR-FR contain English source segments, yes I know that this is "creative", but my work is too). Now I have more and more Powerpoint files, to be handled by WF Pro. My question is, is it possible to create a project with two or more source languages? It would be fine too if such a project accepts mixed TMs and/or several TMs in different source languages, instead of showing "Current project and selected local TM do not have the same source and target locale", which is a pure waste of time. Same question for glossaries, I would like to have an English-Dutch glossary ready in a French-Dutch project.

Does someone have a solution to this? Thank you in advance.
(PS I know how to separate a TM and glossaries but would like to avoid that).

(Besides, the whole concept of "project" is unclear to me, it adds up difficulties and I don't see any advantage. How do translation agencies handle this? Are they, for each of their projects, switching between 20 source languages?).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro: two (or more) source languages

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search