Wordfast tagging/untagging
Thread poster: Jan Kluczewitz

Jan Kluczewitz
Local time: 00:28
Aug 26, 2010

Hello everyone,

I've got these htm-files which were prepared for Trados/SDLX. I work with Wordfast 3.35x. So I copy the content of the htm-files (which I extract via a txt-editor) into a doc-file and start the translation with Wordfast. Wordfast tells me that the file has to be untagged first and does it for me. Still there are some DONOTTRANSLATE-tags. For these I wrote a vba macro that marks the content as "tw4winExternal" so Wordfast does not includes it in the translation. This works very well so far but as it comes to the clean-up process, something seems to be wrong. Wordfast doesn't say anything about "tagging" before or after the cleanup and I end up with a file where the "0}" tags of Wordfast still stay in the cleaned file.
Does anybody has an idea how the file should be "retagged" or what goes wrong there?
Maybe there is a better solution to work on these files without my macro. I tried to get into PlusTools but I was not able to fade out the content of the DONOTTRANSLATE-tags. I never worked with Trados and am relatively new to Wordfast and CAD-tools as well. I very much would appreciate some advice.

Kind regards from Hamburg,

Jan

P.S: I work with Word 2010.

[Bearbeitet am 2010-08-26 10:07 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Kluczewitz
Local time: 00:28
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found Oct 2, 2010

This seems an unconventional situation. I found a very simple solution: I didn't clean up the file. Instead I edited the format in a way so that all external tags are shown and the wordfast tags and original content are faded out. So I ended up with a view in Word which I could simply copy and paste into a htm-file.
I'm not sure if I made my situation clear but if anyone assumes to have the same problem and does not know how to solve it, please feel free to contact me and I would be glad to be of help.
Thanks,
Jan

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast tagging/untagging

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search