Problem z ć w Wordfast 2.4. (wyskakuje ©)
Thread poster: Agnieszka Ufland
Agnieszka Ufland
Agnieszka Ufland  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Sep 1, 2010

Nie mogę znaleźć sposobu na polskie ć w Wordfaście.

Gdy wciskam alt+c wyskakuje mi ©. Muszę to ręcznie poprawiać spell checkiem, co koszmarnie spowalnia pracę.
Szukałam w Edit->Preferences->Keys, ale bez skutku.

Pomocy.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:21
English to Polish
Search on Polish forum Sep 1, 2010

The answer is available on Polish forum.
You have to redefine some shortcuts.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
At least it was available... Sep 1, 2010

If my memory failed me and the full answer is not there, please redefine shortcuts in your Wordfast installation. Look for Ctrl + Alt + letter, where "letter" is also used with right Alt in Polish keyboard layout.

Robin Gill
Robin Gill
Poland
Polish to English
Polskie ć Sep 1, 2010

I see two possible problems.

1) Your target language in the Wordfast TM isn't Polish, so Word is defaulting to standard international keyboard shortcuts. If that's the case, you just need to set up your TM with PL-01 as the target language.

2) The other possibility is that Wordfast's own shortcuts (Ctrl+Alt+c = concordance search) is confusing Word. In that case you need to change the keyboard shortcut for Wordfast's concordance search by looking in the Customise Keyboa
... See more
I see two possible problems.

1) Your target language in the Wordfast TM isn't Polish, so Word is defaulting to standard international keyboard shortcuts. If that's the case, you just need to set up your TM with PL-01 as the target language.

2) The other possibility is that Wordfast's own shortcuts (Ctrl+Alt+c = concordance search) is confusing Word. In that case you need to change the keyboard shortcut for Wordfast's concordance search by looking in the Customise Keyboard/Macros section for WfConcordance and change that to something other than Ctrl+Alt+c. That should do the trick.
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:21
English to Arabic
"R-Alt" = "Ctrl+Alt" Sep 1, 2010

Wojciech Froelich wrote:

If my memory failed me and the full answer is not there, please redefine shortcuts in your Wordfast installation. Look for Ctrl + Alt + letter, where "letter" is also used with right Alt in Polish keyboard layout.

Dear Agnieszka,

Wojciech's suggestion is correct ("R-Alt" = "Ctrl+Alt"). This happens if the shortcut is assigned to one of the functions of Wordfast Pro. So, you need to un-assign the shortcut.

- Go to WFP "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Keys"
- Place the cursor on the command (Insert Copyright Symbol); you should now see the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+C in the textbox labeled "Binding".
- Remove it by your "Backspace" or by clicking on the "Remove Binding" button. Make sure the textbox is empty.
- You can insert another unassigned shortcut.
- Click "OK" to save changes.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Agnieszka Ufland
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you!!! Sep 1, 2010

Thanks sooo much, Yasmin!

I'll be eternally grateful

Agnieszka Ufland
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks everyone Sep 1, 2010

Wojtku, Robin,
thanks a lot for your help.
I have my ć back now

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem z ć w Wordfast 2.4. (wyskakuje ©)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »