Thread poster: Randi Kristensen

Randi Kristensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:16
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
Sep 9, 2010

Translating a html document with WordFast Pro on my Mac, the Danish letters æ, ø, å, appear like this ö. What can I do to avoid this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
UTF-8 Sep 9, 2010

R. Kristensen wrote:

Translating a html document with WordFast Pro on my Mac, the Danish letters æ, ø, å, appear like this ö. What can I do to avoid this?

Dear Kristensen,

Before opening the source HTML file in Wordfast Pro, open it in any text editor (e.g. NotePad or TextEdit) and:

1- search for charset= and change it into charset=UTF-8 so the whole "meta" tag should look like this (without the two extra spaces):

< meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" >

2- "Save as" > Encoding > UTF-8

Now, you can open the source HTML file in Wordfast Pro and translate; when you Save Translated File, you will get proper HTML file with the correct encoding.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Denmark
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to save the translated file Sep 9, 2010

Thanks for your answer, very use full, until I want to save the program. WordFast Pro does not give me any choice and saves the work as txt. I need to save it as htlm. How can I do that?

Egypt
English to Arabic
It is not txt... Sep 9, 2010

R. Kristensen wrote:

Thanks for your answer, very use full, until I want to save the program. WordFast Pro does not give me any choice and saves the work as txt. I need to save it as htlm. How can I do that?

Dear Kristensen,

That process has nothing to do with Wordfast Pro. As I said, do that before opening the ***source*** HTML file in Wordfast Pro.

Opening the HTML file in a text editor does not mean that you will save it as txt. It is just opening the HTML file to be able to edit it as mentioned in my previous reply.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team

Denmark
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PHP format Sep 9, 2010

When I saves the file with UTF-8 in TextEdit, the file is named PHP. Opening in WordFast Pro it says that this this format is not supported.
Actually my client sent me the files in this format.
So now is the question, how do I deal with php format?
Thanks for your patience.
Randi Kristensen

Egypt
English to Arabic
extension Sep 9, 2010

R. Kristensen wrote:

When I saves the file with UTF-8 in TextEdit, the file is named PHP. Opening in WordFast Pro it says that this this format is not supported.
Actually my client sent me the files in this format.
So now is the question, how do I deal with php format?

Dear Randi,

Was you speaking about an HTML file? Have you tried to change the extension to html? This could be a good trick for *some* php files.

However, this will not work for all php files; so you need to check the result.

If you need more help and like to sent those files for checking, please contact Wordfast Support:

To open a new hotline ticket, log-in (wordfast.net > support > login) with your login email and password mentioned on your invoice. Click on 'Contact the Hotline' and click on 'Hotline/support for Wordfast Professional'. Submit your ticket.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast Pro: Danish letter æ,ø,å

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search