Thread poster: Paula Borges

Paula Borges  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:48
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 10, 2010

I've been using WF Pro for a while now, mainly to make my job easier in terms of formatting and to use the glossaries. I know this question is too basic, but I'll be grateful for any guidance.

A client has sent me two large documents, and he says more texts will come from this same client and they are all pretty similar. So he wants me to store a TM. He is not sending me one, but wants me to send my TM back, how do I do that?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:48
English to French
+ ...
create a new TM Sep 10, 2010

Hi Paula,
you need to create a new TM, through the preferences menu (pops up when you create a new project in WFP). The will be blank, then be filled in while you are translating the documents at stake.

You can find detailed explanations in the user's manual, which can be downloaded from http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html (section "Documentation" at the very bottom of the page, "Wordfast Pro's full technical reference manual "). See pp. 58 "creating a local TM"

When you are done with the translation, at the end of the project, you should export the TM under the txt or tmx format, still through the preferences menu - this is the file you need to send to the agency when they require your TM.

[Modificato alle 2010-09-10 21:11 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2010-09-10 21:12 GMT]

Paula Borges  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:48
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Aude & everyone else! Sep 11, 2010

Thank you so much!

Koen Speetjens  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same problem Mar 4, 2011

I have the same (basic...) problem and did as Aude told. But when you come to the part where to create a new local TM, you have to browse for the location of the file. But there is no file yet... Isn't that the meaning of creating a new TM? And if you first have to make a file where the TM can be filled in for that project, how should it look like?

My apologies if this is a very basic issue...

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Location Jun 27, 2011

Koen Speetjens wrote:

I have the same (basic...) problem and did as Aude told. But when you come to the part where to create a new local TM, you have to browse for the location of the file. But there is no file yet... Isn't that the meaning of creating a new TM? And if you first have to make a file where the TM can be filled in for that project, how should it look like?

Dear Koen,

Let's have another example, when you try to create a new file in MS Word and Save it, it will ask you for a location and you will need to give a name, right?

Similarly, in Wordfast Pro to create a new TM, click the button "NEW", and then "Browse" to locate the folder where you want to save your translation memory file (which is a txt file) and type a name in the "File name" field. Finally, click "Save".

This interactive video should give you a clearer idea about how to use Wordfast Pro:
http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=149-35

You can also navigate Wordfast Pro up-to-date online help at:
http://www.wordfast.com/Wordfast_Pro/Wordfast_Pro_Help.htm

You can also watch useful Wordfast Pro videos at:
http://www.wordfast.com/support_learning.html
http://www.wordfast.com/tips_and_tricks.html

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Koen Speetjens  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
That was not that hard... Jun 27, 2011

Thanks!
So it really was basic... Sorry to bother you with this!

Best regards
Koen

Samuel Evans  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Thanks a lot! Jul 13, 2011

I'm just trying WF Pro for the first time and your posts helped me too. Thanks a lot!

Eva Balsach-Rizo  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:48
English to Catalan
+ ...
Accessing a local TM in Wordfast Pro 3.2.2 Nov 10, 2013

Hello,

I'm having trouble accessing local TMs in Worfast Pro (3.2.2), and I was hoping that somebody could help me... I checked the Wordfast Pro Online Help, but I still can't get it to work...

So basically, when I'm in the TM Administration perspective, I can click on a remote TM and it connects to it easily allowing me to see the segments that are in it and search for a term with no problem.

However, when I click on a local TM, I get a message saying "No results found". What's interesting, though, is that when I open a project with the desired TM (in TXML Editor perspective), it shows me matches (e.g. gold, fuzzy, etc.), but I can't search for that particular term or segment...

Any ideas?

Thank you so much in advance!

Eva

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro/ How to use TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search