Stefan Stefanov
Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 10:33
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Sep 14, 2010

Hello,

This is an issue I had earlier, and now I see it still hasn't been fixed - or there's something I am not doing right. Please advise.

I am working on a project in Wordfast Anywhere. Now that the translation is complete, I need to download clean files. Using the option doesn't work because I only get a TXML file which is still bilingual.

Now, my home computer was destroyed by a nasty virus and I have been struggling for three days to recover it - witho
... See more
Hello,

This is an issue I had earlier, and now I see it still hasn't been fixed - or there's something I am not doing right. Please advise.

I am working on a project in Wordfast Anywhere. Now that the translation is complete, I need to download clean files. Using the option doesn't work because I only get a TXML file which is still bilingual.

Now, my home computer was destroyed by a nasty virus and I have been struggling for three days to recover it - without luck so far - while I need to deliver the clean files in a couple of hours' time. And I am unable to obtain clean files.

Also, to my disappointment, I have just found out that WF Pro in DEMO mode that I installed on somebody's laptop to clean up the files that WF Anyway can't, has the "Save Translated File" option disabled... That's hardly the generosity advertised and that I am used to since I first began using WF Classic.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:33
English to Arabic
Which File Type? Sep 14, 2010

Stefan Stefanov wrote:

I am working on a project in Wordfast Anywhere. Now that the translation is complete, I need to download clean files.

Dear Stefan,

What was the source file type of your project files? Are they DOC files?

If so, please go to File menu and select "Download Translated Document File".

But if they were originally sent to you in TXML format ONLY (i.e. there are no DOC files), just send them in the TXML format to your client.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2010-09-14 14:22 GMT]

Stefan Stefanov
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DOCX to TXML Sep 14, 2010

Hello Yasmin,

Thank you for your reply.

I created the TXMLs from the DOCs on my PC and WF Pro while the computer was still OK. I then uploaded them to WF Anywhere in order to be able to continue working. I expected to be able to download a "cleaned" file after I finish working. Appears that is not the case.

In my opinion, this is functionality that WF Anywhere should support.

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:33
English to Arabic
Source files are required Sep 14, 2010

Stefan Stefanov wrote:

I created the TXMLs from the DOCs on my PC and WF Pro while the computer was still OK. I then uploaded them to WF Anywhere in order to be able to continue working. I expected to be able to download a "cleaned" file after I finish working. Appears that is not the case.

Dear Stefan,

Even Wordfast Pro cannot clean up TXML files UNLESS the source DOCs are available.

So, even if you translate the TXML file in Wordfast Anywhere, and then "Download Translated Document File", you WILL be able to "Save Translated File" on Wordfast Pro as long as the source DOC files are available.

Do not you have the DOC files anywhere even in email inbox? If things are complicated, you can use the TM to pre-translate the DOC files again either using the toolbar button "Translate Al"l or in the PM Perspective.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Stefan Stefanov
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WF Classic comparison Sep 14, 2010

Yasmin Moslem wrote:
Even Wordfast Pro cannot clean up TXML files UNLESS the source DOCs are available.

So, even if you translate the TXML file in Wordfast Anywhere, and then "Download Translated Document File", you WILL be able to "Save Translated File" on Wordfast Pro as long as the source DOC files are available.

Oh, that's something new. I was expecting the clean up process to be similar to/the same as in Wordfast Classic. The source files aren't required to clean up a working file. I have even often used WF Classic to translate bilingual Trados files and then deliver the same unclean file to the client to open it/clean it in Trados - which is great compatibility! And, of course, just to clean up Trados "unclean" files (I am talking about MS Word files).

[Edited at 2010-09-14 20:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot obtain clean file from Wordfast Anywhere

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »