Wordfast anywhere
Thread poster: Richardson Lisa

Richardson Lisa  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:24
Member (2009)
French to English
Sep 18, 2010

Hi All - not sure if I've chosen the right forum? Just wondered if many of you have tried or are using Wordfast Anywhere? If so , what are the advantages and disadvantages?
TIA
lisa

[Edited at 2010-09-18 09:53 GMT]

Michał Tosza  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Good tool when away from your computer(s) Sep 18, 2010

Richardson Lisa wrote:

Hi All - not sure if I've chosen the right forum? Just wondered if many of you have tried or are using Wordfast Anywhere? If so , what are the advantages and disadvantages?
TIA
lisa

[Edited at 2010-09-18 09:53 GMT]

I like WA when I have no access to my machines and I really need to translate. One of my clients tend to send packages out of the blue and needs the returned in an hour or two. And when I am away I just need Internet connection and a keyboard to do the job.

Justin Peterson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
I'm just getting started but it looks too good to be true Sep 29, 2010

I have resisted using CAT tools, as I've tried out a couple but never found them essential, and found some just bothersome and expensive. I came upon Wordfast Anywhere, and I think it is the easiest to use, most flexible and hassle-free instrument I have found, by far. Plus, it´s free! However, I´ve just gotten started with it. So far so good. Is there a catch out there waiting for me?? - Justin Peterson

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
User Manual Sep 29, 2010

Richardson Lisa wrote:
Just wondered if many of you have tried or are using Wordfast Anywhere?

Tis a pity one can't read the Wordfast Anywhere help files without logging in.

Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Easy to use Sep 29, 2010

I agree with boys.icon_smile.gif
What I like about Anywhere is that it easily proceeds different files and versions even when sometimes my MS Word converters are not happy with a format given.

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:24
Wordfast Anywhere User Guide Sep 30, 2010

Hi Everyone,

We have made the Wordfast Anywhere Help available without ogging in. You can download a PDF of the user guide from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/products_wordfast_anywhere.html

Thank you all for your continued support and feedback.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast anywhere

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search