How do I make a backup disk for Wordfast Pro?
Thread poster: mckay2
mckay2
mckay2  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:17
German to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2010

I've just bought a license for Wordfast Pro, and they suggest making a backup copy of the software onto CD, as if it is lost it may not be replaced. Can anyone give me simple instructions how to do this? I don't know what file to copy for a start....

[Edited at 2010-09-21 07:52 GMT]

Dušan Ján Hlísta
Dušan Ján Hlísta  Identity Verified
Slovakia
English to Slovak
+ ...
backup Sep 21, 2010

First of all be sure that you know what is "folder". Then try to find your folder with Wordfast Pro (probably C:\Program Files\Wordfast). Then start your CD-ROm burning software (usually Nero). Then select all files within Wordfast folder and copy them to the CD-R or CD-RW. That is all. You can add there also installation file and license file (*.lic). Do you understand? If not - then write me and I try to help you in every detail that I know, which are unknown to you...
Dušan Ján Hlíst
... See more
First of all be sure that you know what is "folder". Then try to find your folder with Wordfast Pro (probably C:\Program Files\Wordfast). Then start your CD-ROm burning software (usually Nero). Then select all files within Wordfast folder and copy them to the CD-R or CD-RW. That is all. You can add there also installation file and license file (*.lic). Do you understand? If not - then write me and I try to help you in every detail that I know, which are unknown to you...
Dušan Ján Hlísta
[email protected]

[Edited at 2010-09-21 08:31 GMT]
Collapse

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
burn it onto a cd Sep 21, 2010

just burn it onto a cd.

it is a good practice to save all the Wf relevant emails, copy of the lic file, etc, into the folder where you hold the downloaded application; so you can burn them all onto a permanent cd.

D

mckay2 wrote:

I've just bought a license for Wordfast Pro, and they suggest making a backup copy of the software onto CD, as if it is lost it may not be replaced. Can anyone give me simple instructions how to do this? I don't know what file to copy for a start....

[Edited at 2010-09-21 07:52 GMT]

mckay2
mckay2  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Backup Sep 22, 2010

Thanks for the help, will get on and do it as soon as I have a minute! Skopko, I'll get back to you if I have a problem : )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I make a backup disk for Wordfast Pro?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »