How do I make a backup disk for Wordfast Pro?
Thread poster: mckay2

mckay2  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:06
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2010

I've just bought a license for Wordfast Pro, and they suggest making a backup copy of the software onto CD, as if it is lost it may not be replaced. Can anyone give me simple instructions how to do this? I don't know what file to copy for a start....

[Edited at 2010-09-21 07:52 GMT]

Dušan Ján Hlísta  Identity Verified
Slovakia
English to Slovak
+ ...
backup Sep 21, 2010

First of all be sure that you know what is "folder". Then try to find your folder with Wordfast Pro (probably C:\Program Files\Wordfast). Then start your CD-ROm burning software (usually Nero). Then select all files within Wordfast folder and copy them to the CD-R or CD-RW. That is all. You can add there also installation file and license file (*.lic). Do you understand? If not - then write me and I try to help you in every detail that I know, which are unknown to you...
Dušan Ján Hlísta
hlistadusan@gmail.com

[Edited at 2010-09-21 08:31 GMT]

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
burn it onto a cd Sep 21, 2010

just burn it onto a cd.

it is a good practice to save all the Wf relevant emails, copy of the lic file, etc, into the folder where you hold the downloaded application; so you can burn them all onto a permanent cd.

D

mckay2 wrote:

I've just bought a license for Wordfast Pro, and they suggest making a backup copy of the software onto CD, as if it is lost it may not be replaced. Can anyone give me simple instructions how to do this? I don't know what file to copy for a start....

[Edited at 2010-09-21 07:52 GMT]

mckay2  Identity Verified
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Backup Sep 22, 2010

Thanks for the help, will get on and do it as soon as I have a minute! Skopko, I'll get back to you if I have a problem : )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I make a backup disk for Wordfast Pro?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search