Creation of TMs
Thread poster: Anne Greaves

Anne Greaves  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:13
French to English
Oct 11, 2010

Hello,
Like many others I began with the trial version of Wordfast and then bought the licence for Classic and Pro. I contacted Wordfast support as I was getting messages saying that I had exceeded my limit of 500 terms. I was advised to create a new memory and merge with the old one which I did. This worked for a while but now I am getting the same message again. I would be very grateful if anyone can throw any light on this!

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:13
English to French
+ ...
Licence activated? Oct 11, 2010

Hi Anne,

Are you sure you activated your licence(s)? I'm not using Wordfast very often anymore, but the 500 TUs limit only applies to the free/demo versions. Once you activate your product with a valid licence, this limitation should not appear anymore.

Marie-Claude

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
License & Install No Oct 18, 2010

Anne Greaves wrote:

Like many others I began with the trial version of Wordfast and then bought the licence for Classic and Pro. I contacted Wordfast support as I was getting messages saying that I had exceeded my limit of 500 terms. I was advised to create a new memory and merge with the old one which I did. This worked for a while but now I am getting the same message again. I would be very grateful if anyone can throw any light on this!

Dear Anne,

Have you managed to license? If not, you need to license Wordfast Pro and Wordfast Classic separately, using the Install No of each of them.

To find the Wordfast Pro's Install No, please open Wordfast Pro and go to Help menu > License Management.

To find the Wordfast Classic's Install No, please click on the first left button of Wordfast Classic toolbar (or Ctrl+Alt+W twice) and go to the (?) tab.

Log-in into Wordfast website (www.wordfast.net > support > login) with your login email and password and enter the Install No for each application in the proper textbox, one by one, not at the same time.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

If the problem persists, please contact the hotline support for help. To open a new hotline ticket, log-in (wordfast.net > support > login) with your login email and password mentioned on your invoice. Click on 'Contact the Hotline' and click on 'Hotline/support for Wordfast Professional'. Submit your ticket.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
the problem continues Oct 27, 2010

Hello Yasmin
Thank you for your reply. I tried doing as you said (ie going to the website to relicense and entering the Install number) but am still getting the same error message. This is very annoying when I have paid for the programme and am not able to use it. My last message to the support team remains unanswered,
regards,
Anne

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have you checked the apps are actually activated? Oct 28, 2010

In Pro you need to go to Help and click on License Manager, if everything is OK it should say

"Application is activated and it is working in the full mode"

In Classic it doesn't indicate if it is activate but if you click on the setup screen and then on the "?" you should see both the Install # and License#

United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted Oct 29, 2010

Thanks to all for your help. I finally sorted the problem when I found our where to enter the new license number on the toolbar!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creation of TMs

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search