Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 15, 2010

G'day everyone

Using WFP, I have global autopropagation enabled and I use "translate until no match" (I have also tried "translate all"). WFP autopropagates beautifully, but... it still visits the segments that have been autopropagated.

My documents are all 90% identical and my TM contains 99% of the translations already (and my TM contains no segments that do not occur in the documents). My documents are huge.

How can I get WFP *not* to visit all the seg
... See more
G'day everyone

Using WFP, I have global autopropagation enabled and I use "translate until no match" (I have also tried "translate all"). WFP autopropagates beautifully, but... it still visits the segments that have been autopropagated.

My documents are all 90% identical and my TM contains 99% of the translations already (and my TM contains no segments that do not occur in the documents). My documents are huge.

How can I get WFP *not* to visit all the segments that have been autopropagated? It will save me a bundle of time.

Even with maximum memory alloted to WFP, it only does about 3 segments per second while auto-translating (the file I'm doing right now has about 2000 segments, and it aint the longest file in my project).

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited at 2010-10-15 08:49 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to let autotranslate skip over propagated segments

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »