Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:10
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 15, 2010

G'day everyone

I'm translating a TXML file and on one of the segments I get this error message:

Failed to update segment. The following error occured: XYZmemory.txt: Failed to update tu. specify TMX source segment with tu.setSourceTmx().

The segment is visually empty but in the Outline panel I can see that there are two squares in it. Using Alt+Ins doesn't seem to insert them. Manually copying them over doesn't seem to insert them either. WFP gives me this error message when I try to move to the next segment using Alt+down.

Any ideas? What is even weirder is that the segment does autopropagate to further instances of it (if I use Alt+Insert to put something in it).

Thanks
Samuel

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 12:10
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Weird memory management? Oct 15, 2010

My guess: bad PC memory management for Java utility. I had weird error and did reset the preference in WordFast to recover it successfully.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
TMX Oct 18, 2010

Dear Samuel,

Samuel Murray wrote:

Failed to update segment. The following error occured: XYZmemory.txt: Failed to update tu. specify TMX source segment with tu.setSourceTmx().

Most likely, this message is related to a TM imported from a TMX, not related to the TXML file.

To clean the TMX tags, you can use Olifant:

http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

- File > Open to select the WF TM
- Edit > Select All
- Entries > Remove Codes > Remove both TMX tags and their content > OK
- Save

Samuel Murray wrote:

The segment is visually empty but in the Outline panel I can see that there are two squares in it. Using Alt+Ins doesn't seem to insert them. Manually copying them over doesn't seem to insert them either.

You can just leave the target empty; this will work just as if you copied the source.

Samuel Murray wrote:

What is even weirder is that the segment does autopropagate to further instances of it (if I use Alt+Insert to put something in it).

In general, Copy Source (Alt+Insert) will not be propagated into other segments until you make any modification yourself. Auto-propagation applies only user edits to other repetitions.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not TMX Oct 19, 2010

Yasmin Moslem wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
Error message: Failed to update segment. The following error occured: XYZmemory.txt: Failed to update tu. specify TMX source segment with tu.setSourceTmx().

Most likely, this message is related to a TM imported from a TMX, not related to the TXML file. To clean the TMX tags, you can use ...

No, there was TMX in my job. I created a WF TM using WFC, and then I used that same TM in WFP. No other TM was loaded in WFP. I never opened the WF TM in any program that does TMX.

If it is a TMX tag issue, then that tag must have been added by WFC.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weird error message

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search