Excluding Excel rows when translating in WFP
Thread poster: Marek Daroszewski (MrMarDar)

Marek Daroszewski (MrMarDar)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:43
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 16, 2010

Hi All,
In WFC one can exclude parts of an Excel worksheet by hiding rows and columns, translating the file in MS Word and than 'unhiding' the rows and columns. Cumbersome but at least there is a way.

Does anyone know if WFP has a similar feature? I have an Excel file (with dozens of sheets) in which only one row has to be translated and the rest left as is. I have spent a few hours trying to set up the filter in WFP but could not figure out how to resolve the problem. No matter what I do I cannot import only rows of my choice.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks
Marek

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excluding Excel rows when translating in WFP

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search