"Go to…" shortcut
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 20:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 19, 2010

Which is the shortcut for the "Go to…" function?
I am using WF Pro 2.4.0.1.
Thanks and rgds, AT

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:48
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Go to what Oct 20, 2010

I don't know if you mean the equivalent to Go to in MS Word, but as far as I know there is no Go to in WFP and I fail to see why you would need it

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:48
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Similar question Oct 20, 2010

I actually have a question that seems be similar to this one and I just posted it.
Go to/Find would be useful for locating words that you want to edit, right? I am not even looking for a shortcut but at least the function. The question makes sense to me, please see my next post.

Lianne

Argentine Translator
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Go to Line... function exists Oct 21, 2010

Lianne, I know that the Go to Line... function exists because I activated it accidentally with the keyboard. Rgds, AT

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Segment ID? Oct 21, 2010

Argentine Translator wrote:

Which is the shortcut for the "Go to…" function?
I am using WF Pro 2.4.0.1.

You can use Ctrl+F7 to move to the Next View. You can just press Ctrl+F7 to switch views or you can hold to select from a menu.

Once the Outline Layout is focused, you can press the Segment ID's first digit or use Down Arrow or Up Arrow to move to the next/previous segment; the focus with move into this segment with the cursor blinking in it.

========================
Another relevant tip:

Some users prefer to use the keyboard to move between segments without having to use Alt+Down which will commit the segment to the TM. Ctrl+Down Arrow and Ctrl+Up Arrow is for moving (only moving) between segments in the TXML Editor without committing to the TM. Actually, this is useful for the Table View as in Text View, you can use Down and Up arrows directly. Still, using Ctrl+Down/Up should be faster.
========================

I hope this answers your question. If not, please elaborate on what you mean.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Argentine Translator
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Yasmin Oct 21, 2010

Thank you for your reply, but I am looking for another function.
I accidentally pressed some keys and there appeared a dialague box that said:
Go to ....., where I entered (for example) ...678... segment and then pressed Enter.
The cursor moved to the 678 segment.
I would like to know which combination of keys I should press to activate this dialogue box. Regards, AT

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Finding words Oct 21, 2010

Lianne Van De Ven wrote:

I actually have a question that seems be similar to this one and I just posted it.
Go to/Find would be useful for locating words that you want to edit, right? I am not even looking for a shortcut but at least the function. The question makes sense to me, please see my next post.

Lianne

To find words in WFP simply hit Ctrl+F, this will open the find screen. You can also use Ctrl+H which is the replace screen.

Jamie Lucero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:48
French to English
Go to Line command Oct 21, 2010

Argentine Translator wrote:

Thank you for your reply, but I am looking for another function.
I accidentally pressed some keys and there appeared a dialague box that said:
Go to ....., where I entered (for example) ...678... segment and then pressed Enter.
The cursor moved to the 678 segment.
I would like to know which combination of keys I should press to activate this dialogue box. Regards, AT

What you are referring to is the Go to Line command (Ctrl+L), which works only in Text view because Table view does not have line numbers. If you are in Text view and know the line number that you want, simply press Ctrl+L, enter the number, and press Enter. To view line numbers, right-click the blank vertical bar to the left of the text to translate and select Show Line Numbers (also found under Window > System Options > Text Editors > Show line numbers).

Hope this helps,
Jamie

Argentine Translator
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Jamie Oct 21, 2010

Thank you for your kind reply. Where have you found this infromation? I have read the Manual, but there is no reference to this function. Best rgds, AT

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Go to…" shortcut

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search