was working fine w/ several Excel files, now won't link...
Thread poster: Lesley Jackson

Lesley Jackson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:24
Spanish to English
Oct 21, 2010

Hello. Translating a batch of Excel docs. WF was doing great for the first few, now won't link! I get that "attempting link..." message in the bar at the bottom, and then it just sits there and does nothing. I haven't changed TM or any settings... just went to the next XLS. Or actually went to next worksheet in the same workbook -- and opened a new Word doc for the translation. Also, before doing this (i.e., between these two WF sessions), computer was off for a while. Also tried another XLS file I hadn't worked in yet... same thing. I have WF 5.53, MS Office 2000. Thanks for any advice.

Direct link Reply with quote

Lesley Jackson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:24
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
I rebooted... then it worked, now it doesn't again! Oct 21, 2010

Seems it must be something I'm doing or not doing between Excel files and/or worksheets. I understand that a new Word doc is required for each worksheet. As I mentioned, I had done several before it stopped linking. Now I get the "attempting link..." message at bottom of window. Then, after several minutes, I get the "End of translation session..." message!

I have tried manually unlinking and relinking from the Wordfast menu. Nothing. Please, you who have more experience than I do with working in Excel... what might be the problem?

[Edited at 2010-10-21 20:51 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

was working fine w/ several Excel files, now won't link...

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search