WFPro on Mac, recent update, how do I remove terminology choices?
Thread poster: JAMTranslations

JAMTranslations
United States
Local time: 20:19
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 26, 2010

Hi all -

I finally just updated to the latest version of WFPro on my Mac.

My problem: when I use shortcut keys to insert terms from my terminology lists, additional choices have appeared since the update. I don't know where these are coming from, nor how to edit or remove them - in most cases they are slowing me down by offering me a window to select a term, instead of just inserting the term I have defined myself. In some cases they are wrong translations of the terms.

Does anyone know what is happening here? It seems like a useful feature but only if I can control it.

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 05:19
English to Arabic
AFTR Oct 31, 2010

Joy Daniel wrote:

I finally just updated to the latest version of WFPro on my Mac.

My problem: when I use shortcut keys to insert terms from my terminology lists, additional choices have appeared since the update. I don't know where these are coming from

Dear Joy,

This is the *automatic* fuzzy terminology recognition. The next version should have an option for opting-out of it.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFPro on Mac, recent update, how do I remove terminology choices?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search