Can I use WF Pro with a WF 4 (older version) license?
Thread poster: Salvador Scofano and Gry Midttun

Salvador Scofano and Gry Midttun
Norway
Local time: 02:38
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 29, 2010

Does anybody know if I can use WF Pro with a WF 4 (older version) license?

Is it worth it? I am a happy user of WF 4 (older version).

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxNMR
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
No Oct 29, 2010

WF Pro and WF Classic have their own license numbers. The WF Pro license number (a .lic file) is based on another system.

If you renewed your WF Classic license recently, you can also retrieve a WF Pro license number.

But WF4 is really VERY old. It keeps functioning as long as you don't change your computer, but lots of features are lacking, compared to WF Classic version 5.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Wordfast Classic Oct 31, 2010

Salvador Scofano and Gry Midttun wrote:

Does anybody know if I can use WF Pro with a WF 4 (older version) license?

Is it worth it? I am a happy user of WF 4 (older version).

Dear Salvador,

WF 4 (and now 5) is now called WF Classic, and you can download and install the latest version of Wordfast Classic available at:
http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=downloadpage

This should not change your license, but you can take down the current numbers, just in case.

On the other hand, Wordfast Pro is another product. You can get it if you renew your license. Renewing your license will cost you only half of the current price after which you will be able to license both Wordfast Pro and Wordfast Classic (before the end of 2010).

To renew your licence, log-in (wordfast.net > support > login) with your login email and password. Click on 'Purchase a renewal'.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I use WF Pro with a WF 4 (older version) license?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search