Translation Memory works intermittently
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 23:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 7, 2010

Translation memory works intermittently, i.e. WF Pro does not suggest me translations that I know that are stored in the TM. How can I force WF Pro to show me the translations stored in the TM? I am using Wordfast Pro 2.4.0.1. Thanks in advance. AT

[Editado a las 2010-11-07 17:04 GMT]

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:38
English to Arabic
Upgrade Dec 3, 2010

Argentine Translator wrote:

Translation memory works intermittently, i.e. WF Pro does not suggest me translations that I know that are stored in the TM. How can I force WF Pro to show me the translations stored in the TM? I am using Wordfast Pro 2.4.0.1.

Matches are not offered for modified (pink) segments, anyhow. It this case, you can use Alt+Space.

Moreover, you can go to Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory and check the option: Perform TM Lookup automatically > OK. Now, every time you move to a segment, you will see all its words in the TM Lookup textbox which will be automatically searched.

Still, in previous versions, there was a bug that makes all segments turn into "modified" (pink) when you apply the Spelling Check > Change All. Please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Memory works intermittently

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search