Translation Memory works intermittently
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 19:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 7, 2010

Translation memory works intermittently, i.e. WF Pro does not suggest me translations that I know that are stored in the TM. How can I force WF Pro to show me the translations stored in the TM? I am using Wordfast Pro 2.4.0.1. Thanks in advance. AT

[Editado a las 2010-11-07 17:04 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 00:44
English to Arabic
Upgrade Dec 3, 2010

Argentine Translator wrote:

Translation memory works intermittently, i.e. WF Pro does not suggest me translations that I know that are stored in the TM. How can I force WF Pro to show me the translations stored in the TM? I am using Wordfast Pro 2.4.0.1.

Matches are not offered for modified (pink) segments, anyhow. It this case, you can use Alt+Space.

Moreover, you can go to Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory and check the option: Perform TM Lookup automatically > OK. Now, every time you move to a segment, you will see all its words in the TM Lookup textbox which will be automatically searched.

Still, in previous versions, there was a bug that makes all segments turn into "modified" (pink) when you apply the Spelling Check > Change All. Please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Memory works intermittently

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search