Thread poster: Phoebe Green
Phoebe Green
Phoebe Green
Local time: 02:26
Member (2009)
French to English
Nov 14, 2010

Hello,

I've installed PlusTools correctly (I think) -- in any event, can get the icon on my toolbar.

However, when I click on the icon and get the pop-up menu, opened to the "+Tools" and "Files" tabs, the left side of box, where in theory I should be able to browse for and select files, is greyed out and unresponsive.

Do you have any suggestions? I have Word 2003 and the PlusTools 4.18.

Thanks in advance!

Frank Foley
Frank Foley  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:26
French to English
+ ...
Hmm! Dec 10, 2010

Interesting: I have exactly the same problem! And the manual doesn't explain exactly how to select multiple files.
Did you manage to find a solution?

Phoebe Green
Phoebe Green
Local time: 02:26
Member (2009)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
For PlusTools F/R in multiple files, have the files open first Dec 10, 2010

In my case, the solution was very simple. You need to have the files on which you want to apply the find+replace OPEN before you try to do anything with them; then they will be available to be ticked in the PlusTools menu box with no greying out or other problem.

Hope this works for you as well!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PlusTools pop-up menu partially greyed out

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »