demo wordfast pro failure on mac OS X 10.5.8
Thread poster: TimelyTrans (X)

TimelyTrans (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 19:05
Dec 9, 2010

Hello,

I am trying out the Wordfast Pro demo 2.4.1 for MAC on a Mac OS X 10.5.8.
Everything goes fine, but when I want to create a project, I can't write down a project name box.
I can choose the languages, but I just can't type anything in the project name box.
Therefore, I've downloaded the Previous Build 2.4.0.1 and with that version i can write down the project name.

I just hope you can fix the latest version.

I also have some other questions.

We are a translation company and we want to purchase Wordfast. I already understand that you buy 1 license and you will get both Classic and Pro.
I'm the only internal employee and I'm the project manager, so there won't be much internal translating.
I read that we can create TM's with our existing translations with the help of the program xTools or PlusToyz.
Does this program work together with Classic or with the Pro version?
Because at the moment we have Office for Mac 2008 and I understood that the Classic version doesn't work with that edition.

Almost all our existing translations are made in Word, so I was wondering if we can create TM's for these with the Pro version?

I hope my questions are clear enough. If not, just let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Myôken Meijer
Project Manager @ TXTworks Communications

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:05
Mac OS 10.5.8 Dec 9, 2010

Hello Myôken,

Thank you for providing us with this feedback regarding the latest Wordfast Pro version on Mac OS 10.5.8. Our development team is working to fix this issue and I will notify you once the updated version is available.

In regards to your question about creating TMs, our alignment tool in Wordfast Pro is currently not available for Mac. However, we have another solution that may help you. We offer a free online alignment tool for certain languages through our browser-based tool, Wordfast Anywhere. You can register for a free account at www.FreeTM.com, then go to Tools > Align your files and upload the source and target documents that you wish to align. Be sure to indicate the source and target languages in the drop down menu. Wordfast Anywhere will then email you your translation memory as either a TMX or Wordfast txt TM format. As with all alignments, be sure to review the segments to make sure they are properly aligned.

Hope this helps,

Kristyna

[Edited at 2010-12-09 22:19 GMT]

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Same problem Dec 10, 2010

Hello,
We came across the same problem on one of my trainees computers today. I think she had the most recent version of Mac OS X.

However, she had not installed the program in the application folder. Didn't get a chance to retry after we re-installed in the applications folder.

Cheers,

John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.wordfast.fr

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:05
WORDFAST PRO 2.4.1 FOR MAC AVAILABLE NOW Dec 20, 2010

Hi all,

We have just posted a build that addresses the issues users were experiencing on Mac OSX 10.5.8. To download the latest version, please visit our website here - www.wordfast.com/store_download.html .

Thanks for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

[Edited at 2010-12-20 22:53 GMT]

lleosanval
Local time: 12:05
Help installing wordfast on mac OSX 10.5.8 Nov 30, 2011

Kristyna Marrero wrote:

Hello Myôken,

Thank you for providing us with this feedback regarding the latest Wordfast Pro version on Mac OS 10.5.8. Our development team is working to fix this issue and I will notify you once the updated version is available.

In regards to your question about creating TMs, our alignment tool in Wordfast Pro is currently not available for Mac. However, we have another solution that may help you. We offer a free online alignment tool for certain languages through our browser-based tool, Wordfast Anywhere. You can register for a free account at www.FreeTM.com, then go to Tools > Align your files and upload the source and target documents that you wish to align. Be sure to indicate the source and target languages in the drop down menu. Wordfast Anywhere will then email you your translation memory as either a TMX or Wordfast txt TM format. As with all alignments, be sure to review the segments to make sure they are properly aligned.

Hope this helps,

Kristyna

[Edited at 2010-12-09 22:19 GMT]

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Re: Help installing wordfast on mac OSX 10.5.8 - 30-11-2011 Nov 30, 2011

lleosanval wrote:
Help installing wordfast on mac OSX 10.5.8

Dear lleosanval,

You are reviving a very old post; the current issue you have is completely different. Anyhow, you should now install the previous version of WFP 2.4.2 available at the same download page at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

The previous version of WFP 2.4.2 should work on your operating system perfectly.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

demo wordfast pro failure on mac OS X 10.5.8

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search