Conversion of TM
Thread poster: Dragan Stanojevski

Dragan Stanojevski
Local time: 08:05
English to Serbian
Dec 10, 2010

Can anyone please describe how to convert a TM with .txt extension, created in Trados in order to work with Wordfast 5 by using Olifant software. I would appreciate it if you could describe the process stage by stage. Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Simon Mountifield  Identity Verified
French to English
Ask for tmx Dec 11, 2010

Hi Dragan,

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible. The only .txt files that you can open with Olifant are translation memories that have been created with Wordfast, not Trados (unfortunately, Wordfast text files are not the same as Trados text files).

The easiest option by far would be to ask your customer to send you an export of the translation memory in .tmx format (incidentally, you should be able to open the .tmx file directly in Wordfast).

Simon

Dragan Stanojevski
English to Serbian
TOPIC STARTER
useful information Dec 11, 2010

Simon Mountifield wrote:

Hi Dragan,

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible. The only .txt files that you can open with Olifant are translation memories that have been created with Wordfast, not Trados (unfortunately, Wordfast text files are not the same as Trados text files).

The easiest option by far would be to ask your customer to send you an export of the translation memory in .tmx format (incidentally, you should be able to open the .tmx file directly in Wordfast).

Simon

I actually didn't know that, thank you very much Simon!

[Edited at 2010-12-11 12:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conversion of TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search