Wordfast working slow and crashing. (macbook)
Thread poster: xxxpinnigerkyle
xxxpinnigerkyle
Local time: 08:03
Spanish to English
Dec 12, 2010

Hi, this is my first post here at Proz.

I have a macbook (os x 10.4.11) (2 gb ram) with word 2004 I believe. I recently installed the trail version of wordfast from their website. I also installed the office x patch just to be safe. Here are some of the problems that I have been having since then.

1. When I click the small wordfast box in the upper corner, it takes about a minute to expand the wordfast menu. Im sure that it should open right up.

2. After I create the TM, I try to start the translation, and a box appears that says "warning, a wordfast dialogue box (wordfast setup of data editor) was used. We advise you to close MS word and reopen it before starting a translation sesson. Close now?

Any Ideas about how to make wordfast run a bit smoother for me?

Also, what is the difference between wordfast.com and wordfast.net?

Direct link Reply with quote

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:03
Member (2006)
French to English
Try an older version Dec 13, 2010

Dear Pinnigerkyle,

I recommend reverting to a previous version (there is a link on the www.wordfast.net download page to an older version 5.62b I think). Otherwise, you could try one of the beta versions available at www.wordfast.net/beta (try at your own risk!).

I had the same problems you did with my MAC and reverted to an earlier version. Problems gone!

John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.wordfast.fr

IWagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:03
English to French
Wordfast for Mac Jan 6, 2011

I use the oldest Wordfast (5.62) with Word 2004 for Mac.. and since the beginning of this year, I have used the newest Wordfast with Word 2011 for Mac. It works perfectly so far!. If you have Word 2008, you will not be able to use Wordfast at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast working slow and crashing. (macbook)

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search