Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:08
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 17, 2010

Hi and hello

I would appreciate if someone could send me an example of a TXML file. I intend to make a TXML file converter so that I can both upload and download bilingual files to Wordfast Anywhere.

If your files are very confidential, please create a TXML file from "Lorem ipsum" or any other text in the public domain.

You can send the file to me by skype: piotr_bienkowski or by e-mail: syntax#neo.pl (replace # with @)

Thanks,

Piotr

Direct link Reply with quote

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Have you thought... Dec 17, 2010

of simply downloading the latest version of Wordfast Pro and to use it for your purposes during the free trial period?

Even simpler: by using WFA, you can download your translations in a bilingual TXML file (at least that's what I understood from the recent WFA webinar on ProZ.com).

[Modifié le 2010-12-17 09:07 GMT]

Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I could, but Dec 17, 2010

Laurent KRAULAND wrote:

of simply downloading the latest version of Wordfast Pro and to use it for your purposes during the free trial period?

Even simpler: by using WFA, you can download your translations in a bilingual TXML file (at least that's what I understood from the recent WFA webinar on ProZ.com).

[Modifié le 2010-12-17 09:07 GMT]

Yes I could download and install WFPro to generate a file myself, but all I need is an example file to learn about the file structure.

I'm afraid you misunderstood the webinar - from what I read in the WFA help pages you can only download a TXML file if you uploaded a TXML file in the first place. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Regards,

Piotr

France
French to German
+ ...
Just tried it... Dec 17, 2010

Hi Piotr,
I had a bilingual file stored on freetm.com for test purposes and tried to use the option "Download TXML file".

What was downloaded was an pseudo-MS Word file, for which I only had to change the extension from .DOC to .TXML.

As there is nothing confidential in it, I will now send it to you through YouSendIt.

[Modifié le 2010-12-17 10:11 GMT]

Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 17, 2010

Laurent KRAULAND wrote:

Hi Piotr,
I had a bilingual file stored on freetm.com for test purposes and tried to use the option "Download TXML file".

What was downloaded was an pseudo-MS Word file, for which I only had to change the extension from .DOC to .TXML.

As there is nothing confidential in it, I will now send it to you through YouSendIt.

[Modifié le 2010-12-17 10:11 GMT]

I don't know what YouSendIt is and how I will get the file, but thanks.

Regards,

Piotr

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 16:08
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Wordfast Anywhere Dec 17, 2010

You can use Wordfast Anywhere to create a TXML file. Create an account (it is free), upload a document and then you can download it as a TXML file.

Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Somehow Dec 17, 2010

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

You can use Wordfast Anywhere to create a TXML file. Create an account (it is free), upload a document and then you can download it as a TXML file.

Somehow it did not work for me when I last tried a few days ago, but maybe I should try again.

Rgds,

Piotr

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:08
English to Arabic
Misconceptions Dec 17, 2010

Dear Colleagues,

1- Wordfast Pro does NOT have a trial period; it can be downloaded and used for free without any time limitation. The main limitation of the demo version is the number of TUs that can be stored in one TM. Otherwise, you can use Wordfast Pro for any size of documents if you do not intend to use a so large TM.

2- Wordfast Anywhere can download a "Bilingual TXML File" even if what you originally uploaded was of another format. For example, you can upload a regular DOC file, translate in WF Anywhere, and download the TXML file: use "File" menu > "Bilingual File Tools" > "Download TXML File".

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Dec 17, 2010

Thanks Yasmin, your explanations are very helpful.

Regards,

Piotr

France
French to German
+ ...
For good measure.... Dec 17, 2010

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

I don't know what YouSendIt is and how I will get the file, but thanks.

Regards,

Piotr

I have also sent it via e-mail (office -#- krauland -#- biz).

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Bilingual TXML file Dec 17, 2010

Yasmin Moslem wrote:
2- Wordfast Anywhere can download a "Bilingual TXML File" even if what you originally uploaded was of another format. For example, you can upload a regular DOC file, translate in WF Anywhere, and download the TXML file: use "File" menu > "Bilingual File Tools" > "Download TXML File".

How does a bilingual TXML file differ from a monolingual TXML file?

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Biligungual / monolingual TXML Dec 17, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

He probably means a TXML file in which the target side is somehow filled (either with source text or with the translation).

By the way: Deja Vu X has a (user created) XML filter to import TXML. Maybe this file (in combination with the evaluation version of DVX) will help you with the file structure. If you want it, I can send it to you.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:08
English to Arabic
Exactly Dec 17, 2010

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

He probably means a TXML file in which the target side is somehow filled (either with source text or with the translation).

Yes, exactly! Actually, it is how WF Anywhere calls. Again, when you try to have the TXML file, you are asked if you want to "Copy source to target if target is empty".

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
now I know Dec 18, 2010

why I wasn't getting a txml file. I use Firefox and when I chose Save, the Save as dialog box did not pop-up.

But when I chose Open with and then UltraEdit, I was able to view the TXML file.

Regards,

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for an example of a TXML file

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search