WF Classic not exporting TM as TMX
Thread poster: cranium

cranium
French to English
+ ...
Dec 28, 2010

Hello,
For version 5.91i operating in Windows XP:
When I go into the Data Editor and scroll down the "Special filters" to "Export TM as TMX" I get the following error message: "No text to find and replace".
I have tried restoring my defaults and reorganising the TM.
Any help greatly appreciated,
SB

Egils Turks  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 12:10
English to Latvian
+ ...
Let me try Dec 28, 2010

Hello,

I do not have advice (oh, one idea though - are source and target language codes correct?), but I could try to produce TM in TMX format with my system and then send you back the file, if successful. Just send me the TM.

cranium
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but Dec 28, 2010

I can't share my client's TM like that.
I will check the language codes, thanks for the tip.
I am off work now so future posters please don't think I am ignoring you - I am just away from my PC. Good evening

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:10
Member (2008)
French to English
Olifant Dec 29, 2010

Try Olifant. It can sometimes fix WF TM issues. You should be able to import the WF TM and export a TMX.

cranium
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks John Dec 30, 2010

I will try Olifant. In the meantime I was fortunately able to export the TM in WF Pro.
Still baffled by the "find and replace" error message in Classic though...Cheers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Classic not exporting TM as TMX

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search