Using Google Translate in Wordfast Classic 5.91c
Thread poster: Robin Gill

Robin Gill
Poland
Local time: 17:52
Polish to English
Dec 28, 2010

Hi,

I'm running Wordfast Classic in Word 2007 (win 7 Home Premium 64 bit) and sometimes use Google Translate to speed up the process a bit.

Just over the past week or so, though, something has happened, and instead of a more-or-less accurate segment I'm getting junk such as "0th . 2 . 4" (without the quotation marks).

I'm guessing maybe something's happened with the search syntax?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.icon_smile.gif

Robin

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:52
English to French
+ ...
Get the latest version Dec 28, 2010

You should get the latest version of WfC, which is currently 5.92m with a release date of Dec 24: http://wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=downloadpage〈=engb).

However, the behavior you mention has also been reported on the Wordfast mailing list these past few days.

Also, I have found that the search syntax changes quite often. I routinely update it every day (when I want to use GT) by right-clicking in the MT1 box.

Robin Gill
Poland
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Latest Version downloaded, but still problems Dec 29, 2010

Thanks for the heads up about the update - I'd missed that in the festive hecticity. I've done both the things you suggested - I now have 5.92m and I've r-clicked in the MT 1 box.

The problem is now somewhat different, as GT still doesn't work, but WF stalls for a number of seconds and an empty translation hint comes up at the position where I'm working in the document.

I'll join the WF mailing list to see if someone comes up with anything else, but in the meantime any more thoughts would be useful. At the moment I can't use Google on WF at all.

Cheers,

Robin

P Forgas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:52
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
configuration Dec 29, 2010

maybe this is of some help:

You can try setting up the AC in the Setup tab:

check the Let AutoComplete suggest box
check the box corresponding to Segments from machine translation (and anything else you may consider useful).

P.

Robin Gill
Poland
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Not there yet :-( Dec 29, 2010

Thanks, P., for the suggestion, but it's the autocomplete that's the problem.

Every time I use it it freezes Word for up to 30 secs, so I've had to switch it off completely for the moment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Google Translate in Wordfast Classic 5.91c

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search