Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:22
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 29, 2010

Hi everyone

I hope I´m posting this in the right forum, as it is not really a "support"question.

Now that the year is drawing to a close I keep getting all those e-mails with special offers for all sorts of CAT Tools, Wordfast, amongst others.

I always thought that Wordfast was a "free" to use CAT Tool (up to a certain capacity of course), however now I´m getting all those offers to buy Wordfast for freelancers for Euro 330 (not sure if I´m allowed to give figures here?)

My questions to those of you who use the payable version of Wordfast. Is it worth the money really, as I´ve got a feeling that the other big CAT Tool on the market is more widely asked for, however, it of course costs about twice as much.

Any input is more than welcome, from Wordfast only users as well as from people who use both Wordfast as well as "the" other well known one

Thanks a lot in advance.

Manuela

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxHanVanMeeger
Netherlands
Local time: 10:22
German to Dutch
Wordfast year end offers Dec 30, 2010

Hello

I'm using Wordfast (mainly the Pro version) since months
I'm very happy to have sunk Trados and its useless support into oblivion, so I can say that buying Wordfast is a great idea, above all if you were able to have it with TGB

Han

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Return on investment Dec 30, 2010

Dear Manuela,

I got a return on my investment in Wordfast before even having to buy a license. It doesn't matter which tool you use, as long as you know how to use it efficiently!

Best regards,

John Di Rico
www.wordfast.fr
(Disclaimer: Wordfast trainer)

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Spam Dec 30, 2010

Wordfast's offers are unsolicited email. They should think twice whether it is adequate to use our emails for mass email. I am not a user of Wordfast but get the emails nevertheless.

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
er? Dec 30, 2010

Is this e-mail coming via proz.com in some way? I'm not getting any of it. Matter of settings maybe?

Kelly Atkinson  Identity Verified
Dutch to English
I have the same question Dec 30, 2010

In fact, that's how I ended up here at Proz!

I've been using Wordfast for a while for small translation jobs and I guess what I'm really wondering is, is it worth my while to start building a bigger translation memory (by paying for Wordfast).

I love Wordfast and will happily pay to support such a fabulous tool, but what I really want to know is whether or not it's a good idea to start building a decent translation memory. I'm just not really sure how much time it would save me in the long run.

Currently I just start a new one for every project. Most of the jobs I work on are written in pretty bad prose in the target language (long, convoluted sentences with some grammatical errors) so I don't get a lot of repeats.

Can anybody share their experiences?

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
Mailings and Wordfast TGB Dec 30, 2010

ProZ.com has not sent out any mailings on Wordfast behalf, although we did send a general TGB announcement earlier in the month for all TGB's. If you did not receive that email, you can add your name to the mailing list at http://www.proz.com/TGB (on the right side of the page).

If you are interested in purchasing Wordfast before the price increase on Jan 1, 2011 simply add your name to the TGB waiting list here - http://www.proz.com/tgb/451

We will be accepting all names from the waiting list and sending payment instructions today so that purchases can be made before the end of the year.

Drew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast year end offers

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search