Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:36
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 30, 2010

I used Wordfast Pro (version 2.4.0.1) to translate a PDF file. When I open the translation in Word, the translation is there, but the original PDF is superimposed over the text. I tried viewing the text in Normal mode and then copying the text, but the PDF is still there. Is there a setting to remove this? Thanks.

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:36
English to Arabic
Image Layer Dec 30, 2010

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

I used Wordfast Pro (version 2.4.0.1) to translate a PDF file. When I open the translation in Word, the translation is there, but the original PDF is superimposed over the text. I tried viewing the text in Normal mode and then copying the text, but the PDF is still there. Is there a setting to remove this? Thanks.

Dear Jeff,

Please open the generated DOC in MS Word and place the cursor on any page corner. The cursor will turn into a cross to select an image. Click to select the image and press the "Delete" button on your keyboard. Now, you should have got rid of the image layer.

This happens for a specific sort of OCRed PDF files, and the solution is what I mentioned above.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

P.S.: Please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:36
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 30, 2010

Thank you. That worked, but I had to delete the image on each page individually. This was a short document so not a problem. For future reference, is there a way to do this automatically for the entire document?

Thanks for the update reminder.

Jeff Whittaker

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

Dear Jeff,

Please open the generated DOC in MS Word and place the cursor on any page corner. The cursor will turn into a cross to select an image. Click to select the image and press the "Delete" button on your keyboard. Now, you should have got rid of the image layer.

This happens for a specific sort of OCRed PDF files, and the solution is what I mentioned above.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

P.S.: Please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro superimposing PDF file over translation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »