Creating project and failure to find a clear path
Thread poster: Jessie Nelson

Jessie Nelson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:15
French to English
Jan 2, 2011

Hello everyone,
This is a basic question (sorry, I searched the forum and did not find this exact ?)

I have given up on Trados and just bought Wordfast. (Pro version, latest version)
I watched the video and read the written material on creating a project.

The video says to import the article to be translated first.

The text says to create the project first.

Which is correct.

Also, when trying to set up a new TM, a bar comes up which says "the path may not be clear".

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all.
Regards,
Jesse

Direct link Reply with quote

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:15
Member (2006)
French to English
Project first Jan 2, 2011

Dear Jessie,

You have to create a project before importing files. When you open WF, the last open project will be automatically opened.

I've never seen the "unclear path" message. You need to browse to the location on your hard drive you want to store the memory, then name it. Don't use special characters in the name and I avoid spaces.

Hope this helps! I'll be in NYC in a couple weeks to run a WF Pro training just in case you are interested.

John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.wordfast.fr

Jessie Nelson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:15
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for helping Jan 9, 2011

Hello John,
Thanks for your response.
I was very badly burned by Trados. I found it very difficult to use and after being assured it would handle PDFs it did not.
Wordfast seems simpler to use.
Jesse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating project and failure to find a clear path

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search