Web-based MT using Google Translate on wordfast 5.52: half of suggestion missing
Thread poster: Daniel Fernandes

Daniel Fernandes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:54
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 5, 2011

Hello!
I've been using this wordfast's feature which helps me a lot against typos and low speed on typing, on most documents. But recently it seems to be "broken": after each "alt+down", all I get is one word or nothing.

Does anyone here know how to fix it?

Thank you,
Daniel

[Edited at 2011-01-05 17:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:54
English to French
+ ...
Right-click Jan 5, 2011

1) You probably should upgrade to the latest public version (5.52m, I believe).
2) Even if you don't, right-click in the MT1 box. The search string will be updated to the latest working setting. One needs to to that regularly, as the GMT commands seem to change on an almost-daily basis.
3) Other users have been complaining of the same issue for 2-3 weeks. Since I have disabled the feature for my current projects, I don't know for sure. Your best bet is to join the Wordfast group at Yahoo groups.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:54
Finnish to French
Use the current version (5.92m) Jan 5, 2011

5.52 is a rather old version (late 2007 / early 2008). Use the latest version (5.92m) and your problem should disappear.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web-based MT using Google Translate on wordfast 5.52: half of suggestion missing

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search