PlusTools and Word 2010
Thread poster: GeorginaW
GeorginaW  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:31
German to English
Jan 10, 2011

Found out today that PlusTools could be just what I need. Simple storage of my previous work (aligned pairs of documents). However - and let me confess straight away that I am technically hopeless - when I went to download this free program I found that everything was described as for Word 2007.
Does anyone have experience with PlusTools + Word 2010? (I am doubly handicapped, as my Word headings are all described in German and the Wordfast/PlusTools help uses English terms for the program; e.g. no idea what the German equivalent of Tools/Templates & Add-Ins (Word 2007) is anyway.)
Question two: I imagine that I have to segment the texts before submitting them to alignment? I am not using any techical translation aids in my work.
Thank you so much in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:31
English to French
+ ...
Join the Wf Yahoo group Jan 10, 2011

Join the Wordfast group at Yahoo Groups, where Yves Champollion (the developer) is every day.

WRT PlusTools, you don't need to segment anything. Just follow the instructions.

As to whether it works under Word 2010, I don't know, and you can ask in the Yahoo group.

GeorginaW  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast at Yahoo Jan 11, 2011

Great, thanks JL01

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Works fine Jan 11, 2011

Hi

I use it with Office 2010 and works fine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PlusTools and Word 2010

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search