Hiroko Miyazaki
Hiroko Miyazaki  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 02:32
Member (2010)
English to Japanese
Jan 13, 2011

Hello everyone,

Please help me to give me an idea for downloading Wordfast tool after purchasing via Proz. This is my first time to purchase a tool via Proz, so I have not understood how I can start using the tool.

Usually, when I buy a tool through a compan's purchase site, after making a payment via a credit card, I can reach a download site and start translating immediately. I thought that the same applied to purchasing via Proz.

Proz support is not av
... See more
Hello everyone,

Please help me to give me an idea for downloading Wordfast tool after purchasing via Proz. This is my first time to purchase a tool via Proz, so I have not understood how I can start using the tool.

Usually, when I buy a tool through a compan's purchase site, after making a payment via a credit card, I can reach a download site and start translating immediately. I thought that the same applied to purchasing via Proz.

Proz support is not available in this time period, so I hope somebody gives me instructions of what I have to do to start downloading. Thank you for your help in advance.

Hiroko Miyazaki
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 20:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You should get a separate mail with the details Jan 13, 2011

sales at wordfast.net will send you a mail with a link to your license. You can download you copy of Wordfast from the download section. Install it first, then generate the license.
Regards
Heinrich

Hiroko Miyazaki
Japan
Member (2010)
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Jan 13, 2011

Thank you for your clear comment. I need to wait for the compan's mail, don't I? I have patience to wait the mail for several hours .

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No need to wait Jan 13, 2011

Wordfast can be downloaded from the official site without any delay. You will need an e-mail only to get license information (a license number for WF Classic or a license file for WF Pro). If you don’t receive the e-mail within 2 or 3 days, file a support ticket here, on ProZ.com.

Hiroko Miyazaki
Japan
Member (2010)
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER

I understand that I can get a demo version via official download. I think I have to wait more for the license to come. Thank you.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not really a demo Jan 13, 2011

What you download, is not exactly a demo. It is a fully functional version. The only limitation is the translation memory size: without a license it will be approximately 500 translation units max. All other WF functions are available.

However, if you want to start working, you can do it now. The above limitation lets you even complete a small to medium project. And after receiving a license number, you need to input it and reorganize your TM, but you job will not interrupt.
<
... See more
What you download, is not exactly a demo. It is a fully functional version. The only limitation is the translation memory size: without a license it will be approximately 500 translation units max. All other WF functions are available.

However, if you want to start working, you can do it now. The above limitation lets you even complete a small to medium project. And after receiving a license number, you need to input it and reorganize your TM, but you job will not interrupt.

Well, just go and download! And good luck with WF!
Collapse

Hiroko Miyazaki
Japan
Member (2010)
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER

Thank you for very clear explanation. I can start working. This is my first time to use the forum and I found that people like you were very helpful. Thank you again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to download Wordfast after purchasing via Proz

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »