No source / target segment colors in Wordfast?
Thread poster: Susanne Lomander
Susanne Lomander
Susanne Lomander  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:23
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jan 18, 2011

Hi!

I am finally taking the time to try to learn Wordfast after buying it a year ago... and I can't figure out why my Source and Target TUs don't show have blue and yellow shaded fields like they do in the manual!

I have tried changing colors but that just changes the colors of the translated text after you close the segment, but the Source and Target fields are still white. I know it's silly but it confuses me... and how will I tell if it is a 100% or fuzzy match if th
... See more
Hi!

I am finally taking the time to try to learn Wordfast after buying it a year ago... and I can't figure out why my Source and Target TUs don't show have blue and yellow shaded fields like they do in the manual!

I have tried changing colors but that just changes the colors of the translated text after you close the segment, but the Source and Target fields are still white. I know it's silly but it confuses me... and how will I tell if it is a 100% or fuzzy match if there are no colors whatsoever??

Please, anyone?

Thanks!

Susanne
Collapse

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:23
French to English
+ ...
Document converted from a pdf? Jan 18, 2011

Hi Susanne?

Is your doucment converted from a pdf file, as this can often happen in such cases? If it is, if you go into border and shading in Word and set the shading to "No fill", you might find the problem is resolved.

Best of luck,

Claire

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:23
Italian to English
I had the same problem Jan 18, 2011

Members were kind enough to give me advice here: http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/188906-segments_have_borders_and_no_colours.html

Susanne Lomander
Susanne Lomander  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:23
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved - it WAS a shading problem from a converted PDF! Jan 19, 2011

Thanks, both of you, for your suggestions!

It was a converted PDF, so the colors reappeared after I changed the Shading ("Fyllning" in my Swedish version of Word). Thanks so much!

I thought I had searched everywhere in the forum for a solution before I posted my question, but I missed out on the one in your link, so thanks! And putting the shading up as a custom button or shortcut is a great idea if you use Wordfast everyday!...
See more
Thanks, both of you, for your suggestions!

It was a converted PDF, so the colors reappeared after I changed the Shading ("Fyllning" in my Swedish version of Word). Thanks so much!

I thought I had searched everywhere in the forum for a solution before I posted my question, but I missed out on the one in your link, so thanks! And putting the shading up as a custom button or shortcut is a great idea if you use Wordfast everyday!

Thanks again!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No source / target segment colors in Wordfast?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »