Thread poster: Catharina Matthison-Hansen

Catharina Matthison-Hansen
Denmark
Local time: 15:49
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 19, 2011

Hi,
I am new to using Wordfast Anywhere and am happy with it so far. But there is one thing I haven't been able to figure out and that is how to export my TM from WFA.

Is there anybody who can help me with that?

Kind regards,
Catharina in Copenhagen

Michael J.H. Davies  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 15:49
Member (2009)
English to Danish
+ ...
Export (download) TM from WFA Jan 19, 2011

Hej Catharina!

File > TM's & Glossaries > TM Setup > Download

- the rest should be easy!

Med venlig hilsen,

Michael J.H. Davies
MJD Translating,
Roskilde, Denmark

Claire Opaleye
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:49
English to French
+ ...
What about exporting a TM from a TM server with Wordfast Anywhere Jan 24, 2013

Hi there,

To follow up on the question above from Catharina, the answer given by Michael seems to work indeed for our own TM - but what about for TM's uploaded from a server?

The Set-up option does not seem to give a download option as it does for our own TMs.

The truth is I am totally new to Worfast Anywhere and just trying to use it to download a TM from a client using Wordfast - I have the url to the client's server but can't seem to be able to view the
... See more
Hi there,

To follow up on the question above from Catharina, the answer given by Michael seems to work indeed for our own TM - but what about for TM's uploaded from a server?

The Set-up option does not seem to give a download option as it does for our own TMs.

The truth is I am totally new to Worfast Anywhere and just trying to use it to download a TM from a client using Wordfast - I have the url to the client's server but can't seem to be able to view the TM, let alone to export it/ download it to use it.

I hope it makes sense and thanks in advance for the help!

Claire
Collapse

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:49
Finnish to French
You can't Jan 24, 2013

ClaireOpaleye wrote:

You can only download a TM that has been created or uploaded by you, to your own account. If you were given a URL pointing to a remote TM hosted on your client's server, you can't download it. You can only use it in Wordfast Anywhere (or Pro).

ClaireOpaleye wrote:
The truth is I am totally new to Worfast Anywhere and just trying to use it to download a TM from a client using Wordfast - I have the url to the client's server but can't seem to be able to view the TM, let alone to export it/ download it to use it.

Wordfast Anywhere wasn't designed for that purpose. It's meant to translate stuff, not as a way to download a TM from your client's server. If you want to obtain that TM, you'll have to ask your client.

Claire Opaleye
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Thank you! Jan 25, 2013

Thank you Dominique for your clear and prompt reply!

Paula Graf  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2018)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
My Client's TM is from Trados Mar 3, 2019

Hi.
I have a client who wants me to do a translation using her TM and at the end of the job give her the memory. Her TM is in Trados. My doubts are as follows:

1. Can I import the client's TM for wordfast anywhere?

2. Is it possible to pass the memory to her at the end of the translation?

3. If yes, how can I do it?

Can anyone here help me, please?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export TM from Wordfast Anywhere

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search