Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:03
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 21, 2011

Hello!

I have been using Wordfast for translation projects since 2009 and I thought I handled most of the features of the program, but now that I am receiving proofreadings I miss the "Different target in TM" function from Trados.

When I work on proofreadings with Trados and I modify a segment, next time I found a repetition of that segment Trados displays the "Different target in TM" message. I guess there should be a similar function in Wordfast for the proofreading workflow, but I have been looking for in the manuals, in these forums and in the application itself and I was unable to find it.

Do you know if Wordfast includes a similar function? In case not, how do you handle the repetitions during proofreadings and editings?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
Edu

Direct link Reply with quote

JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:03
English to French
+ ...
red segment border Jan 21, 2011

I don't know Trados, but I believe that the Wf feature whereby the target segment has a right border when its content is different from the TM matches what you describe.

Spain
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for not being specific Jan 22, 2011

JL01 wrote:

I don't know Trados, but I believe that the Wf feature whereby the target segment has a right border when its content is different from the TM matches what you describe.

I think that is exactly what I am looking for, but I think this red border you are referring to appears only in Wordfast Classic. Do you know if there is something similar in Wordfast Pro?

Many thanks in advance!

Edit: I have been looking for in depth and I just found this post:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/160715-proofreading_in_wordfast.html

Here it is explained how to deal with this, enabling global autpropragation, but from what I see I think there is no specific way to deal with this when the proofreading comprises several files

[Edited at 2011-01-22 17:06 GMT]

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Perform TM Lookup automatically Jan 22, 2011

Dear Edu,

You can go to Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory and check the option: Perform TM Lookup automatically > OK. Now, every time you move to a segment, you will see all its words in the TM Lookup textbox which will be automatically searched.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Could someone please... Jan 22, 2011

take the word "Trados" out here?
This has nothing to do with Trados...
Please, that would be really kind, so that I would not get alerted by every single new post here...

Spain
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Yasmin Jan 22, 2011

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Dear Edu,

You can go to Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory and check the option: Perform TM Lookup automatically > OK. Now, every time you move to a segment, you will see all its words in the TM Lookup textbox which will be automatically searched.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Thanks a million Yasmin, many thanks for your help. I will use the two proposals and I think they will fit to what I need.

@Jerzy: Sorry, I have tried to edit but I cannot do it having passed 24 hours from the initial posting.

[Edited at 2011-01-22 19:13 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados "Different target in TM" in Wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search