WF Classic - deleting TM terms not used after given date
Thread poster: Susanna Garcia

Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:04
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2011

Is there a way of deleting terms in a TM that haven't been used since a given date, please?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:04
English to French
+ ...
a kludge Jan 24, 2011

I can think of a solution wchich is somewhat kludgy:

In Wf | TM Rules, set "When re-using an existing TU, update if attributes are different" to "1=yes".
That assumes 1) that your TM does have attributes and 2) said TM attributes have an "updatable character," such as date, file name, project number, etc.
Then, whenever you re-use a TU, its date will be updated.

After that, it is only a matter of sorting TUs by date, and deleting all which are older than a specified date.

Caveat: I have not tried that, although I don't see why it wouldn't work. Also, that means you will need to wait for a time equal to the "aging parameter" (2 weeks, 2 years, whatever) before doing your clean-up.

OTOH, why wouyld you want to do that? The principle of a TM is to store a lot of translation (TUs) so that they can be "leveraged" later.

Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:04
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 25, 2011

It looks logical to me. I'm passing the info on so thanks on behalf of my friend.

Suzi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Classic - deleting TM terms not used after given date

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search