Is there a way to override "segments do not belong in the same paragraph"?
Thread poster: xxxPT Translati

xxxPT Translati
United States
Local time: 10:03
Japanese to English
Feb 7, 2011

Wordfast Pro

PPT document. I realize CAT tools still have a lot of issues when it comes to segmentation, esp. with ppt files, but it has helped me on some ppts.

Is there any way to simply override the "segments do not belong in the same paragraph", when trying to expand segments? Not only is what I'm trying to expand in the same paragraph, it's in the SAME SENTENCE!!!

Note to Wordfast developers: I know it's a work in progress. If there is no solution at this time, then a simple override of this would make my life truly awesome. One where I can simply tell it, "No fool, it IS in the same paragraph just let me expand this one" then it expands said segment

Thank you in advance for suggestions, assistance.

[Edited at 2011-02-07 01:11 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:03
English to French
+ ...
check the latest patch Feb 7, 2011

I seem to remember reading that the latest patch/update has introduced a solution to that problem (I've encountered it, too, and not been happy).
I haven't tested it yet, and my memory is fuzzy. Check wordfast.com, and read the release note for the latest version.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to override "segments do not belong in the same paragraph"?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search