Prokop Vantuch  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 19:01
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Feb 8, 2011

Hi all,

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I can't find a solution to my issue. I've been successfully working with WF Pro for some time and always liked the Terminology function "Copy term from source to target". I.e., when I add a term (or phrase) to my terminology glossary, next time WF Pro recognizes the term/phrase in the source text, it becomes highlighted in the source text and is copied from the source text column to the target text column in the translated version already. This used to work for me, but since my last update of WF Pro (I think that was the moment when it stopped working) this function doesn't work anymore.

In Preferences > Translations > Terminology I have the option "Copy only target glossary terms" selected, but it doesn't work anyway. Am I missing something? Is there any other option that needs to be selected/ticked elsewhere?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Prokop

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Hotfix Feb 8, 2011

Dear Prokop,

This has been fixed in the Hotfix. Please download and install the Wordfast Professional HOTFIX available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Prokop Vantuch  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed Feb 8, 2011

Thanks, Yasmin, for your prompt reply. The hotfix helped, all works OK now.

Thanks a lot!

Prokop

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro does not copy glossary terms to target text

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search