Thread poster: Aelf

Aelf
Poland
Local time: 15:53
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2011

Hi there,
I work on a text where I need to leave some parts "as is", so to speak. It's also got a lot of placeables. How can I copy the source without a placeable? Or temporarily turn off all the glossaries? I thought there was a shortcut for this but I can't find one. It's so tedious to use Ctrl+Alt+W + click all the time.
Thanks in advance!
Aelf

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:53
English to French
+ ...
Is this for WfC? Feb 11, 2011

In WfC, you can simply Copy source to target (Alt+Insert), which will copy the entire source segment. Then, edit as needed.
You can also select the source text and copy it to the end of the target segment using Alt+F12.
Also, don't forget that pressing Ctrl+Alt+Down a second time after selecting a glossary placeable will insert the source language version of that word/term.

If I understand correctly what you need to do, and that you are using WfC.

Aelf
Poland
Local time: 15:53
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ctrl+Alt+Down Feb 11, 2011

Hi,

I'm using Alt+Ins all the time icon_smile.gif and Alt+F12 won't help me much, but I totally forgot about pressing Ctrl+Alt+Down a second time. This is what I'm going to use I think. Thanks a lot!

Aelf

Edit:

Oh, I've just found out that pressing Alt+Ins a second time works similarly: it copies the source disregarding any placeables. A life saver!

[Edited at 2011-02-11 22:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF 5 - copy source w/o placeable

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search