Thread poster: Aelf

Aelf
Poland
Local time: 20:00
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2011

Hi there,
I work on a text where I need to leave some parts "as is", so to speak. It's also got a lot of placeables. How can I copy the source without a placeable? Or temporarily turn off all the glossaries? I thought there was a shortcut for this but I can't find one. It's so tedious to use Ctrl+Alt+W + click all the time.
Thanks in advance!
Aelf

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:00
English to French
+ ...
Is this for WfC? Feb 11, 2011

In WfC, you can simply Copy source to target (Alt+Insert), which will copy the entire source segment. Then, edit as needed.
You can also select the source text and copy it to the end of the target segment using Alt+F12.
Also, don't forget that pressing Ctrl+Alt+Down a second time after selecting a glossary placeable will insert the source language version of that word/term.

If I understand correctly what you need to do, and that you are using WfC.

Aelf
Poland
Local time: 20:00
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ctrl+Alt+Down Feb 11, 2011

Hi,

I'm using Alt+Ins all the time icon_smile.gif and Alt+F12 won't help me much, but I totally forgot about pressing Ctrl+Alt+Down a second time. This is what I'm going to use I think. Thanks a lot!

Aelf

Edit:

Oh, I've just found out that pressing Alt+Ins a second time works similarly: it copies the source disregarding any placeables. A life saver!

[Edited at 2011-02-11 22:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF 5 - copy source w/o placeable

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search