Thread poster: Aelf
Aelf
Poland
Local time: 09:17
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2011

Hi there,
I work on a text where I need to leave some parts "as is", so to speak. It's also got a lot of placeables. How can I copy the source without a placeable? Or temporarily turn off all the glossaries? I thought there was a shortcut for this but I can't find one. It's so tedious to use Ctrl+Alt+W + click all the time.
Thanks in advance!
Aelf

Direct link Reply with quote

JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:17
English to French
+ ...
Is this for WfC? Feb 11, 2011

In WfC, you can simply Copy source to target (Alt+Insert), which will copy the entire source segment. Then, edit as needed.
You can also select the source text and copy it to the end of the target segment using Alt+F12.
Also, don't forget that pressing Ctrl+Alt+Down a second time after selecting a glossary placeable will insert the source language version of that word/term.

If I understand correctly what you need to do, and that you are using WfC.

Aelf
Poland
Local time: 09:17
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ctrl+Alt+Down Feb 11, 2011

Hi,

I'm using Alt+Ins all the time and Alt+F12 won't help me much, but I totally forgot about pressing Ctrl+Alt+Down a second time. This is what I'm going to use I think. Thanks a lot!

Aelf

Edit:

Oh, I've just found out that pressing Alt+Ins a second time works similarly: it copies the source disregarding any placeables. A life saver!

[Edited at 2011-02-11 22:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF 5 - copy source w/o placeable

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search