I need instructions for installing Plustools over Word 2007
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 13:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 12, 2011

I want to install Plustools over Word 2007. I have found the following link in Proz forums:
http://www.proz.com/prozwiki/en:Wordfast_how_to_Word_2007_-_Install_PlusTools.
Unfortunately the link does not contain the information I look for.
I have downloaded the Plustools winzip from www.wordfast.net. Could anyone provide me with detailed instructions for installing Plustools over Word 2007? I am using Windows XP. Thanks and best regards. AT

Direct link Reply with quote

Raúl Casanova  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
PlusTools Feb 12, 2011

Try this: unzip and save the Plus Tools download. You will get 4 files inside the folder: Manual Plus Tools, Plus Tools template, PT_MySetup and Pt_Tools. Record the location and route to Plus Tools template.
Open Word, click the Office button and select ”Opciones de Word”. Go to “Complementos” and to ”Administrar:” (bottom of the page). Select “Plantillas” and click “Ir”
This open the box “Plantillas y complementos”. Click “Agregar” and browse to the location where you have stored “PlusTools.dot” and open it. Go back to “Plantillas y complementos” and click “Aceptar”. In case Word asks you to save the changes, answer NO, and quit.
Next time you open Word, go to “Complementos”>Wordfast icon; PT icon should be visible in the Wordfast toolbar. In case the PT icon does not show up, first go to “Plantillas y complementos” and verify the checkbox besides PlusTools.dot is checked. Depending on your security settings, you may also have to allow macros so the application can run.
All this info is included in the manual which ships with the application, although it was written for Word 2003 and has not been updated to newer versions. Good luck.

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:01
Member (2008)
French to English
PlusTools in Word 2007 Feb 12, 2011

Office Button > Word options > Add-Ins > Select "Word Add-Ins" from the "Manage" list > Go > Add > Browse to the PlusTools.dot file > OK

Then to actuate, press Alt+F2.

Argentine Translator
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still I cannot launch PlusTools properly Feb 12, 2011

Raúl and John, Thank you for your instructions. I managed to add the dot file to Complementos. When I open Word 2007 and click on Complementos, I do not see Plustools icon (although I see WFClassic icons). When I enter Complementos > Administrar > Plantillas > Ir and I tick the box next to Plustools there appears PT icon. I open a document, then I go to Complementos, after that I click on the PlusTools icon and I launch it. But under the File tab there only appears such document (the opened document). The C:\ box on the left is also empty. What is going wrong? Regards, AT

Raúl Casanova  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
PlusTools icon Feb 13, 2011

After installing PlusTools, you have to activate it everytime you are going tu use it. I don't know whether this is normal behavior or not, but it is the way it works in my system.
Open Word, go to "Complementos" This will bring the Wordfast icon to a tab named "Barras personalizadas" below the blue ribbon, left side of the screen. Click the Wordfast icon and the Wordfast toolbar will open. If PlusTools icon is not visible there, go to the Office button>Opciones de Word>Complementos>Administrar>Plantillas>Ir... and tick the checkbox besides PlusTools.dot. Click Aceptar and you will return to your Word page. The PlussTools icon should be visible. Click the PlusTools icon and it will open a box where you can select the files to be aligned. Hope this will help.

Argentine Translator
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Plustools only applies to one document Feb 14, 2011

Thank you Raúl for your advice. My problem still persists. I can launch Plustools. But it only applies to one document, the document opened. Plustools is not able to search or read other documents. What is happening? Rgds, AT

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:01
Member (2008)
French to English
Open PlusTools in a blank document Feb 14, 2011

Open PlusTools in a blank document with no other Word documents open. Then you should be able to navigate to the document or documents you need.

Argentine Translator
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I launched PlusTools with a blank document Feb 14, 2011

Thank you, John. I followed your advice. I opened a blank document and I launched Plustools. There appeared the following documents: Normal.dtm, Plustools.dot, PT_tools.ini, WFCleanup_0211_1903.doc, WFtemp.txt, WFWord.bat. Regards, AT

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need instructions for installing Plustools over Word 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search