Thread poster: B D Finch

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:08
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2011

I am currently using Wordfast Pro to translate a document that contains a lot of textboxes and tables. I have realised that some of the source text that was in uppercase has been imported into the txml file in lowercase. I have installed the latest version of Wf Pro and re-imported the source file under a different name, but same problem. I am using Windows XP with Word 2007 and the source document is .docx.

This applies in particular to headings that appear on blue background straps in the source document.

I'd be grateful for any help that avoids me having to search and edit all these formats in the cleaned file.

Regards,

Barbara

[Edited at 2011-02-24 14:57 GMT]

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
what font? Feb 24, 2011

Hi Barbara,

What font is applied to the problematic part? Could it be one of those fonts that is in all uppercase (you type in lowercase and it comes out uppercase)? Just a thought.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Files Please Feb 24, 2011

Dear Barbara,

Could you please send me the source file + the TXML file to investigate and advise you. Many thanks in advance!

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lori guessed right: problem solved! Feb 24, 2011

I have just saved the translated file and looked up some of the offending segments in that file opened in Word - which I somehow hadn't thought of doing before - and, amazingly, they are OK! I checked out the font and it is Calibri with the "All caps" box ticked. I reckon I have to get used to the fact that one can't expect WYSIWYG in Wordfast Pro. Still, it has other advantages.

Thanks for your help.

Barbara

Helen Pringle  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Caps / non-caps toggle for Wordfast on a Mac May 20, 2014

I use WF on a Mac and have found that to convert lower case to upper case and viceversa just highlight the text to be converted then press Shift+command+C. It really works!

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Shift+Fn+F3 May 21, 2014

Dear Helen,

Helen Pringle wrote:

I use WF on a Mac and have found that to convert lower case to upper case and vice versa just highlight the text to be converted then press Shift+command+C. It really works!

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I can see, this is not a standard Wordfast Pro shortcut. Maybe you have changed it at some point?

The default shortcut for changing case is Shift+Fn+F3. Actually, it is Shift+F3, but the "fn" key should be used on some keyboards like those of Mac to activate function keys.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font formatting not retained in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search