Wordfast classic 5.6 - dot. file
Thread poster: Ioana Bostan

Ioana Bostan  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:34
English to Romanian
+ ...
Mar 2, 2011

Hello everyone,

I am facing a weird trouble and I need your help please. When I choose the Wf classic 5.6. dot file in Word, Options, Tools/Templates and Add ins to work on some new project files in Word, it says" This doc. template does not exist. I already know my windows is near to its reinstallation unfortunately, but I don't if this is the problem here. As I tried opening a different file in my computer and it worked on it all right. Could there be any particular types of doc. files on which this dot. cannot work? I hope I made myself clear enough. Thank you so much for your ideas and help, as it's quite urgent to start it using my TM.

All the best,

Ioana

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:34
English to French
+ ...
Read the instructions Mar 2, 2011

One does not "choose the Wf template". It is not a document template in the usual Word sense.

The initial installation of Wf requires double-clicking on the wordfast.dot file to open it in Word (with no other document open in Word). Then follow the instructions, i.e. presse Ctrl+Alt+W in case the installation does not start automatically. Word will the close. When you re-launch it, the Wordfast toolbar will be visible (check the instructions for Word 2007 and later, and Windows 2007, there may be some differences).
Installation is the one and only time you need to do anything with wordfast.dot.

See http://wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=video〈=engb

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
So, it it there? Mar 3, 2011

Ioana Bostan wrote:

When I choose the Wf classic 5.6. dot file in Word, Options, Tools/Templates and Add ins to work on some new project files in Word, it says" This doc. template does not exist.

So, does it exist actually, is it there? Haven’t you accidentally deleted the file? There, in the add-on list you can see the path that Word takes to engage wordfast.dot. Check, if the file exists in the specified location. Unfortunately, you don’t specify the version of Windows that you use, and the location is different. In Windows 7, it is c:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

[Edited at 2011-03-03 06:47 GMT]

Ioana Bostan  Identity Verified
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows XP, Office 2003 Mar 3, 2011

Thank you both for your help! Actually I had to choose it every time opening my Wordfast file, as I had to uncheck the Trados dot. otherwise it wouldn't' work. Or I don't know how else of course. Now it seems to work anyway, (yes the Wf dot. file really exists, I didn't delete it) only I have to uncheck the Trados dot. and close the window and start Wf.

Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast classic 5.6 - dot. file

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search