https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/19353-wordfast_help_trouble_with_text_boxes.html

Wordfast help - trouble with text boxes
Thread poster: Subhamay Ray (X)
Subhamay Ray (X)
Subhamay Ray (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:19
English to Bengali
+ ...
Mar 14, 2004

Is it possible to translate a text in MS Word with a lot of text boxes with Wordfast? It seems Wordfast is ignoring the text boxes while selecting segments and I can't even see them unless I return to Page View mode! Any help will be appreciated.

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:49
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Try.. Mar 14, 2004

the Wordfast Yahoogroup...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/

Good luck,
Natália

Subhamay Ray wrote:

Is it possible to translate a text in MS Word with a lot of text boxes with Wordfast? It seems Wordfast is ignoring the text boxes while selecting segments and I can't even see them unless I return to Page View mode! Any help will be appreciated.

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
position in the text box Mar 15, 2004

Yes you can translate with WF inside text boxes, but you'll have to position the cursor inside each box and press alt+down to start the translation sesion.
If there are too many text boxes, you might prefer to convert them into text (there is a nice macro sample in the files section of the yahoo group that Natalia mentioned), translate this separately and then paste into the corresponding text boxes.

Regards,
Grace.

Subhamay Ray (X)
Subhamay Ray (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:19
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to you both! Mar 15, 2004

Grace and Natália. That helped me a lot.

Jörgen Slet
Jörgen Slet  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 12:49
English to Estonian
+ ...
IIRC only Quick-clean cleans the text boxes afterwards Mar 15, 2004

IIRC regular Clean-up does not clean those text boxes afterwards (if you choose the in vivo approach, i.e. putting cursor in each text box), only Quick-clean does.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast help - trouble with text boxes

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »