Thread poster: Mauro Lando

Mauro Lando  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:53
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 4, 2011

Good afternoon everybody. I am a regular Kudoz answerer, but this is the first time I appeal to you, wonderful colleagues. My computer has been formatted, and they installed this new Word for Office 2007 (is there death penalty in the state where \microsoft geniuses are located?) I am trying to follow WF instructions, but where is the "tools" in the new word toolbar? Thanks a million for your help. Mauro Lando, in Rio de Janeiro

Direct link Reply with quote

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:53
Member (2008)
French to English
Add-Ins tab Mar 4, 2011

Assuming you're talking about WF Classic, the toolbar is in the Add-Ins tab.

It usually adds a custom toolbar to the top of the window once you get underway, but that seems to be a little inconsistent.

Brazil
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
add ins ? Mar 4, 2011

Dear John thank you so much for your help. Apparently I am in REAL trouble. There is NO ADD-IN tab in my word toolbar! Here are the tabs I see: Home, Insert, Page layout, references, mailings, review, view. Can you still spare a minute and help? Thanks soooo much! Mauro

Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
Activate WF Mar 4, 2011

Have you installed WF in the way they instruct (I think its opening it or Ctrl-Alt-W or something but I just forget that detail)?

If you have done this you may still need to activate it. Click the office button in the top left corner, then > Word Options > Add-Ins > next to "Manage:" select "Word Add-Ins" > Go > Make sure that wordfast.dot is checked > OK.

That should start it for you.

Brazil
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no wf in add ins Mar 4, 2011

Dear John thanks again. I did everything you wrote: but when I selected "word add ins" the only thing that appeared on the top window was "normal". No sign of Wordfast.dot anywhere. I do have WF in another directory. What exately am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your patience.
Mauro

Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
Add wordfast.dot Mar 4, 2011

Wordfast.dot should appear in the lower window, under "Global templates and Add-Ins" and "Checked items are currently loaded".

If its not there, click "Add" and navigate to wherever the wordfast.dot file is and continue from there.

Dr_Walter  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:53
English to German
+ ...
Installing Worfast Classic on MS WORD 2007 Mar 15, 2011

Hello Mauro;

I have no idea if you have resolved your problem, but if not, the following works well, because I have just installed that awfully slow Office 2007 myself.

You are right, there is no menu point called "Tools", therefore you have to click the "Office button" the fancy thing in the left upper corner and once the drop-down menu opens, click at the bottom on "Word options".

Now another menu opens. Here on the left side you click on "Trust center" and in the opening sub-window, enable the macros to run. That should work well.

Best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast on Word 2007 - tools?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search