Matches not showing in target - help needed
Thread poster: Paola Grochi

Paola Grochi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 04:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2011

Hi, I'm working on a big project. At first, everything went well and matches showed in target segment.
Then, I sent out portions of the files to other colleagues (it's a big pro-bono job) and since everyone works with different CAT tools or none, whenever I received a translation I used PlusTools to create a new TM from those files. So far, everything was fine. Then I used Wordfast to merge those TM with my existing TM.
Since the client had to edit and review files, they send me the new documents, with some changes. So, I decided to Pre-Translate those documents with my TM (my work merged with my colleagues), BUT NOT A SINGLE MATCH IS SHOWING, NOT EVEN 100%!! I know this because I recognize most of them and used XBench (which I'm using for the first time) to search for them.

So far I've tried:
Alt+left/right (nothing)
re-starting Word and WordFast
re-organising the TM (nth times)

Any ideas???

Direct link Reply with quote

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:34
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Look at TM Mar 5, 2011

Have you actually looked at the TM, opened the file and looked at the segments to see if you have the matches in it?

Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
XBench show them Mar 6, 2011

It's a pretty large TM, so I didn't actually look at the TM itself, but I'm using XBench, with only this file, and it finds the same source, which has been translated! Searching the TM using Word also finds them. WF doesn't show the match, though.

Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bit more info Mar 7, 2011

Are you using WF Pro or Classic?

Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let's see if this works Mar 7, 2011

I'm using WF 5.25.
Now I have most of the final documents from the client, so I decided to try this:
I finished translating the previously received edited files, and did the clean-up of edited files and others before being edited by the client (I hope you can follow me)

So later this afternoon I'm gonna try pre-translating the new final document with my now updated TM.

I think probably the issue was that I was using the TM and hadn't updated the segments, though, anyway, WF has shown matches even from segments I had translated a few minutes ago in the past, previously to starting this project.

Let's see what happens now. I'll let you know later.

Update:
It didn't work. I finally unistall and re-install Wordfast, because I learnt that you shouldn't change the wordfast.ini file, but that didn't work either.
Now I'm working with 2 windows file against file. It will take ages!

[Edited at 2011-03-07 19:42 GMT]

Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very strange Mar 7, 2011

What had you done to the .ini file?

This is very strange if the TM is correct and has the matches I don't think there is anyway WF can't find them, can you send me a screen shot of your WF settings?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Matches not showing in target - help needed

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search