How exactly to upgrade to WFPro version 2.4.1?
Thread poster: Lianne van de Ven

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:14
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 6, 2011

Does anyone know how to upgrade to WFPro version 2.4.1 from a previous install?

I am not sure why, but I cannot find information on how to upgrade from previous installations on wordfast's website. I have 2.4.0.1 and was requested by one of my customers to update to 2.4.1. This would include uninstalling my current version, so I was told, and as long as I knew the location of my .lic file, I would be okay.

However, I can't find info on wordfast's site about this, and am not into installing a 'trial version' (limited TM) - which is how WF presents the only available download. It does not address upgraders.

I know it is fairly easy to request and receive a new .lic in case something goes wrong with an installation, but I'd rather understand the process in advance.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks in advance.

L

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
There is no upgrade as far as I know Mar 7, 2011

You download the latest version (for Wordfast they are all "trial versions") and if I remember well, you don't even need to uninstall your previous version. The install license will be kept, anyway copy it in a safe place before you install the new version, one never knows.

HTH!

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:14
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 8, 2011

Thanks, Christel. It was easier than I thought. I just ran the 'trial' version. In the process it asks to approve uninstall of the current version, with or without keeping settings, projects etc, and then it continues installing the new version, including the license.

I did make note of the location and # of my licenses for the two versions (desktop and laptop).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How exactly to upgrade to WFPro version 2.4.1?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search