Netherlands
Local time: 04:13
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 22, 2011

[crossposted]

G'day everyone

A client had helpfully pre-translated a file with high fuzzy matches and 100% matches. But, the client also gave me the TM, so all this pre-matching really wasn't necessary.

I don't mind having the 100% matches pre-filled, but I want the non-100% segments to be empty. Is there a quick way to accomplish that? I don't mind if the yellow match percentages still appear (and I don't mind if they all become "0" either).

As a second solution (less good but still useful to me) I would be happy if those non-100% matches are all replaced with the source text.

Any ideas? My only hope at this stage is to open the TXML file in a text editor and use regex to blank or dummy those segments.

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
Samuel, do please send the solution for people here. Mar 22, 2011

Samuel, as you already have found out a fine solution and sent a msg. to Wf Pro on Yahoo, do please send it for people here.

Dk

Samuel Murray wrote:

[crossposted]

G'day everyone

A client had helpfully pre-translated a file with high fuzzy matches and 100% matches. But, the client also gave me the TM, so all this pre-matching really wasn't necessary.

I don't mind having the 100% matches pre-filled, but I want the non-100% segments to be empty. Is there a quick way to accomplish that? I don't mind if the yellow match percentages still appear (and I don't mind if they all become "0" either).

As a second solution (less good but still useful to me) I would be happy if those non-100% matches are all replaced with the source text.

Any ideas? My only hope at this stage is to open the TXML file in a text editor and use regex to blank or dummy those segments.

Thanks
Samuel

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ.com's forum software Mar 22, 2011

Dragomir Kovacevic wrote:
Samuel, as you already have found out a fine solution and sent a msg. to Wf Pro on Yahoo, do please send it for people here.

It involves regular expressions. Unfortunately (if I understand correctly, but please correct me if I'm wrong) ProZ.com doesn't want us to post such solutions and have therefore designed their forum software specificially to bork any attempts to post it. I'm sure they have good reasons and I won't speculate about what they are.

Sometimes it helps to hit "reply" or "quote" to see the borked text. The solution is:

[i]To blank only those segments that have a match percentage from 11% to 99%, using MS Word as the text editor, do as follows (since MS Word's regex is forward non-greedy but backward greedy, one has to do it in TWO steps in MS Word):

1. Find this: (\

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
can you see now? Mar 24, 2011

[quote]Samuel Murray wrote:

[i]To blank only those segments that have a match percentage from 11% to 99%, using MS Word as the text editor, do as follows (since MS Word's regex is forward non-greedy but backward greedy, one has to do it in TWO steps in MS Word):

1. Find this: (\

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
nope Mar 24, 2011

Lori Cirefice wrote:

thanks Samuel, isn't it annoying how you can't post messages like this on Proz

lol - that didn't work

Translation-Pro  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Try this... Mar 24, 2011

Hi Samuel,

Set the fuzzy match threshold to 100 and click on "Translate All".

[Edited at 2011-03-24 23:16 GMT]

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Pro Mar 25, 2011

Translation-Pro wrote:

Sorry, but this will not remove non-100% matches from the TXML file. Even if you set it to copy source to target when there is no match, it will only do so when the segment is currently empty.

Translation-Pro  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
What I forgot to tell you... Mar 25, 2011

Samuel Murray wrote:

Translation-Pro wrote:

Sorry, but this will not remove non-100% matches from the TXML file. Even if you set it to copy source to target when there is no match, it will only do so when the segment is currently empty.

...you need to clear all target segments first (Alt+Shift+Delete).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to remove non-100 pre-matches from TXML file

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search