Compatibility SDLX and WordFast
Thread poster: J-Gabriel

J-Gabriel  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Mar 19, 2004

I am working with SDLX 2003 at my job and at home, I have WordFast. Now, if I want to continue a translation started on SDLX at home (therefore with WordFast), will I be able to?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxncfialho  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:32
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Which format? Mar 19, 2004

Hi,
in which format is the translation...like is it a Word file or is it SDLX format itd?

You could export the TM and use it even if you had to start the translation all over...you would have all the matches in the TM created with SDLX.

Good luck,
Natália

J-Gabriel wrote:

I am working with SDLX 2003 at my job and at home, I have WordFast. Now, if I want to continue a translation started on SDLX at home (therefore with WordFast), will I be able to?

Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
format Mar 19, 2004

Natália Fialho wrote:

Hi,
in which format is the translation...like is it a Word file or is it SDLX format itd?

Hi Natália. Since I will have begun to translate the text, the file will be in SDLX format (itd).

xxxncfialho  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:32
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Then try... Mar 19, 2004

export the TM you made and take the, I guess, original word file and continue at home...when you finished in Wordfast and want to continue tomorrow in SDLX export the TM from Wordfast and import it in SDLX...thats a possibility

Good work,
Natália

J-Gabriel wrote:

Natália Fialho wrote:

Hi,

Hi Natália. Since I will have begun to translate the text, the file will be in SDLX format (itd).

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Pas facile Mar 19, 2004

En principe, c'est possible, mais pratique avant, parce que ça n'a rien d'évident. J'ai fait plusieurs tentatives, jusqu'ici sans succès.

Bonne chance!

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 17:32
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
The same file with SDLX and WF? Mar 20, 2004

Hi,

J-Gabriel wrote:
Since I will have begun to translate the text, the file will be in SDLX format (itd).

*.itd is the file format of SDLX EDIT module. You can't use it with other CAT.

I admit that I am not sure I understood what you meant. Still, if you mean you'd like to translate alternatively in SDLX and WF the same file, well, why?! It is a lot of work and will slow down your work.

Anyway, if you really want to, you should export SDLX TM in *.tmx format to WF, import it, open the original MS Word file, apply the TM. Export in *.tmx format the TM, re-import it into SDLX TM, open SDLX EDIT module and work with the *.itd file, etc.

Well, not exactly what CAT are meant for = save time.

I think you meant you have no SDLX at home (??): I'd suggest you to download SDLX trial and work only in SDLX. The trial version is fully functional for 30 days.

Giuliana

[Edited at 2004-03-20 06:23]

Ferenc Horvath
Local time: 17:32
English to Hungarian
Reply to topic [Compatibility SDLX and WordFast] Mar 20, 2004

Hi TM users,

I think the better solution is to read the article "Working with Wordfast on SDLX and TTX files".
This can be found on Wordfast web site under Knowledge.
Go to http://www.champollion.net/

Regards
Frank

Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx Giuliana Mar 26, 2004

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

*.itd is the file format of SDLX EDIT module. You can\'t use it with other CAT.

That\'s really sad... I\'ll have to create another translation file for my CAT...

I admit that I am not sure I understood what you meant. Still, if you mean you\'d like to translate alternatively in SDLX and WF the same file, well, why?! It is a lot of work and will slow down your work.

Since I don\'t have SDLX at home, I have to...

I think you meant you have no SDLX at home (??): I\'d suggest you to download SDLX trial and work only in SDLX. The trial version is fully functional for 30 days.

Now that\'s good news... I\'ll do that! thanks to everyone

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility SDLX and WordFast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search