Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:26
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Apr 6, 2011

I started a translation in WFP using my main memory. I got a lot of 100% matches, which show up in green to the right. Then I realised I better create a new local memory for my project and use the main memory read-only.
I went through the translated part again using alt+down, translated some more segments and exported the TM to tmx. But the new TM does not have those green segments I had found from my main memory. I also tried "Commit to TM", but those 100% matches are not to be found in the new TM.
What can I do? How to commit to TM the whole project?

Try opening the TM Apr 6, 2011

Hi Heinrich,

just to clear any doubt, have you tried opening the TM in notepad and see if the segment were really written in the TM?

If not, then either you don't have the permit to write the TM because of WF settings or windows settings.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only the new segments Apr 7, 2011

I created the new tm in WFP and it takes only the new segments, which do not come from the main tm.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Write unedited fuzzy and exact matches to the TM Apr 7, 2011

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I created the new tm in WFP and it takes only the new segments, which do not come from the main tm.

Dear Heinrich,

To make sure every segment goes to the TM without editing (even fuzzy and exact matches and the unedited MTed), go to Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory > check "Write unedited fuzzy and exact matches to the TM". Now, Alt+Down and Alt+End will store everything to the TM.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Marie-Stephanie Proulx  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:26
Member (2007)
English to French
Same problem here Apr 7, 2011

Dear Yasmin,

I am having the same problem as Heinrich. However, when I follow your instructions, I do not see « Write unedited fuzzy and exact matches to the TM » in the Translation memory menu. I only have the option for the Fuzzy matches treshold and the box entitled « When editing an existing TU ».

Am I doing something wrong?

Marie

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Upgrade! Apr 7, 2011

Marie-Stephanie Proulx wrote:

Dear Yasmin,

I am having the same problem as Heinrich. However, when I follow your instructions, I do not see « Write unedited fuzzy and exact matches to the TM » in the Translation memory menu. I only have the option for the Fuzzy matches treshold and the box entitled « When editing an existing TU ».

Am I doing something wrong?

Marie

Marie-Stephanie already solved her matter via the hotline. Just in case another colleague cannot see the option, they should make sure that they have the latest version of Wordfast Pro available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Green" matches do not show in new TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search