How can I convert scanned PDFs with WF Anywhere?
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 00:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 7, 2011

Today I received the following e-mail from Wordfast Anywhere: 'We bring PDFs to life. Convert and translate scanned PDFs for free'.
After logging in to Wordfast Anywhere, what should I do to convert a PDF? Thanks and regards, AT

Direct link Reply with quote

JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:06
English to French
+ ...
upload the doc Apr 7, 2011

I haven't tried, but I assume that the concept involves uploading the PDF document, since this is the way Wf Anywhere works for other documents.

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:06
Translating scanned PDFs with WF Anywhere Apr 7, 2011

Hi,

In order to translate a scanned PDF with Wordfast Anywhere, go to www.freetm.com and create your free account. Once you are inside of the WFA workspace, go to File > upload document file. The document upload dialog box will appear. Browse to the location of the scanned PDF on your machine. Then, click submit. Wordfast Anywhere will automatically convert the scanned PDF to RTF format. It may take a few moments, but you will then see the document ready for translation inside of the translation pane.

If you are new to Wordfast Anywhere, you should refer to the getting started guide here - http://anywhere.wordfast.net/firsthelp.html
You can all refer to the full user guide here - http://www.wordfast.net/anywhere/WFA_help.htm

Hope this helps.

Kristyna

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 00:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, JL01 and Krystina Apr 9, 2011

I will follow your advice. Regards, AT

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I convert scanned PDFs with WF Anywhere?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search