https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/196547-wordfast_table_view_doesnt_work_anymore.html

Wordfast: Table view doesn't work anymore
Thread poster: Peggy Maeyer
Peggy Maeyer
Peggy Maeyer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:02
English to German
Apr 12, 2011

Hi all,
I am currently working on a project in Wordfast Pro (a PPT document), and so far, everthing worked well.
Now, somehow by accident I must have hit a wrong keyboard shortcut, and suddenly, the table view kind of froze! I switched to text view, and there, all segments are displayed just fine, and they are editable too. I then closed my document (after saving it) and tried to open it again, but all I receive is an error message
"An error has occurred when activating this vi
... See more
Hi all,
I am currently working on a project in Wordfast Pro (a PPT document), and so far, everthing worked well.
Now, somehow by accident I must have hit a wrong keyboard shortcut, and suddenly, the table view kind of froze! I switched to text view, and there, all segments are displayed just fine, and they are editable too. I then closed my document (after saving it) and tried to open it again, but all I receive is an error message
"An error has occurred when activating this view - Argument not valid".
When I then switch to text view, the segments are there.
Table view is set as default in my preferences.
I'd really prefer working in table view. Now, how do I manage to open my document in table view again?

Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

Edit: Now it turns out that even in text view, I can't work on the translation because ALT-down doesn't work anymore... HELP!

Regards,
Peggy

[Bearbeitet am 2011-04-12 08:48 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:02
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Interesting Apr 12, 2011

I cannot offer any help, but I have the opposite problem. I would like to switch to text view, but it is table view that stays. Also selecting Last view used does not change anything.

Peggy Maeyer
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Table view not working at all anymore Apr 12, 2011

Oh dear,

I now tried to open a different document (after closing everything else), but I still receive the same error message and the document can't be opened in table view

HELP!

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
WFP version and OS? Apr 12, 2011

Peggy Maeyer wrote:

I now tried to open a different document (after closing everything else), but I still receive the same error message and the document can't be opened in table view

Dear Peggy,

What is your WFP version and for which operating system?

If you still have problems, you can completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "NO". Make sure you first back up (Export) your glossaries, if any. Then, try re-installing the latest version of Wordfast Pro; hopefully, it could resolve that.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Yasmin Moslem
Egypt
English to Arabic
WFP version and OS Apr 12, 2011

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I cannot offer any help, but I have the opposite problem. I would like to switch to text view, but it is table view that stays. Also selecting Last view used does not change anything.

Dear Heinrich,

The same question about WFP version and OS...

What you should do is to switch to the "Text View" before closing WFP. This should work in the latest version.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Peggy Maeyer
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Apr 12, 2011

Hi Yasmin,

Thanks for your advice! Luckily, I could solve the problem without anything so drastic as un- and reinstalling WFP, that would have been a nightmare for me ...

I hardly dare to say it, but I solved the problem by simply closing WFP (and not only the documents) ... When I restarted it, the problem was gone and everything is fine now ... Sorry, I should have thought of this simple thing before, but I guess I just kind of panicked, fearing all my previous work m
... See more
Hi Yasmin,

Thanks for your advice! Luckily, I could solve the problem without anything so drastic as un- and reinstalling WFP, that would have been a nightmare for me ...

I hardly dare to say it, but I solved the problem by simply closing WFP (and not only the documents) ... When I restarted it, the problem was gone and everything is fine now ... Sorry, I should have thought of this simple thing before, but I guess I just kind of panicked, fearing all my previous work might be lost ...

Good to know though that Wordfast support is so quickly available through this forum - thanks again!

Peggy
Collapse

Vanessa Correa
Vanessa Correa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:02
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
text view not working after using a web browser Apr 30, 2012

Hi Yasmim,

I did all you mentioned above, including uninstalling/installing again wfpro, removing all my preferences, terminology, tms...........and my problem still remains.

Every time I open any web browser, to see email, search something, or just to check Facebook, when I go back to wfpro, I cannot type in TEXT view.

I have to select table view, work on in for a while, then go bak to text view. Sometimes works, sometimes I have to work more time in table
... See more
Hi Yasmim,

I did all you mentioned above, including uninstalling/installing again wfpro, removing all my preferences, terminology, tms...........and my problem still remains.

Every time I open any web browser, to see email, search something, or just to check Facebook, when I go back to wfpro, I cannot type in TEXT view.

I have to select table view, work on in for a while, then go bak to text view. Sometimes works, sometimes I have to work more time in table view again, or close and open wfpro to be able to type (type, delete, whatever) in text view again.

I have WFPro 3, but this is happening since 2.4.4. When I installed 3 few days ago, I was hoping this error would finish, but is worst. Now also crashes, freezes, and now that I reinstalled, takes 5x more to save a new word in the terminology....... terrible.

What can I do?
Vanessa
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Egypt
English to Arabic
Which OS, Java? Apr 30, 2012

Dear Vanessa,

Just to make sure it is not the lost focus issue, you make sure the cursor in the target cell when you come back, right?

Are you on Windows or Mac, and which OS exactly?

Have you tried the method of Peggy?

Have you tried to update your Java?

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast: Table view doesn't work anymore

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »